Melvil Decimal System: 917.750
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🌽 > 🧀 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Central north counties
Central east counties
Central south counties
Works under MDS 917.750
- Weird Wisconsin: Your Travel Guide to Wisconsin's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets by Linda S. Godfrey
- Wisconsin Off the Beaten Path: A Guide to Unique Places by Martin Hintz
- Oddball Wisconsin: A Guide to Some Really Strange Places (Oddball series) by Jerome Pohlen
- Compass American Guides: Wisconsin by Tracy Will
- The Best in Tent Camping: Wisconsin, 2nd: A Guide for Campers Who Hate RVs, Concrete Slabs, and Loud Portable Stereos (Best in Tent Camping - Menasha Ridge) by Johnny Molloy
- Backroads & Byways of Wisconsin: Drives, Day Trips & Weekend Excursions (Backroads & Byways) by Kevin Revolinski
- Great Wisconsin Walks: 45 Strolls, Rambles, Hikes & Treks by William Chad McGrath
- Preaching Autobiography (Rochester College lectures on preaching) by Sarah Davis McBride
- Backpacking Wisconsin by Elizabeth D. Hailman
- Along The Wisconsin Riverway (North Coast Books) by Jill Metcoff
- Wisconsin With Kids by Kristin Visser
- The Wisconsin Traveler's Companion : A Guide to Country Sights (Regional Wit and Wisdom from Jerry Apps) by Jerold W. Apps
- Wisconsin by Carol Highsmith
- Country Roads of Wisconsin : Drives, Day Trips, and Weekend Excursions by Don Davenport
- Scenic Driving Wisconsin by Aaron Cieslicki
- Indian Names on Wisconsin's Map by Virgil J. Vogel
- Wisconsin: A Picture Memory by Colour Library Books
- Ah, Wisconsin! by Howard Mead
- Green Travel Guide to Northern Wisconsin: Environmentally and Socially Responsible Travel by Pat Dillon
- History Just Ahead: A Guide to Wisconsin's Historical Markers by Sarah Davis McBride
- Museums, Zoos, and Botanical Gardens of Wisconsin: A Comprehensive Guidebook to Cultural, Artistic, Historic, and Natural History Collections in the Badger State by Anton Rajer
- Backroads of Wisconsin: Your Guide to Wisconsin's Most Scenic Backroad Adventures by Martin Hintz
- Walking Tours of Wisconsin's Historic Towns (Wisconsin) by Lucy Rhodes
- Wisconsin's Rustic Roads: A Road Less Travelled by Bob Rashid
- Exploring Wisconsin by Lawrence Abrams
- Great Wisconsin Romantic Weekends (A Trails Books Guide) by Christine des Garennes
- Classic Wisconsin Weekends (A Trails Books Guide) by Michael Bie
- 52 Wisconsin Weekends (52 Weekends) by Bob Puhala
- Wisconsin's historic houses & living history museums : a visitor's guide by Krista Finstad Hanson
- Historical Wisconsin Getaways: Touring the Badger State's Past (Trails Books Guide) by Sharyn Alden
- Wisconsin's Historic Houses and Living History Museums: A Visitor's Guide by Krista Finstad Hanson
- Country Towns of Wisconsin: Charming Small Towns and Villages to Explore by Ann Hattes
- The Official Rails-to-trails Conservancy Guidebook. Wisconsin by Phil Van Valkenberg
- Natural Wonders of Wisconsin: A Guide to Parks, Preserves and Wild Places (Natural Wonders Of...) by Don Davenport
- Acorn Guide to Northwest Wisconsin: (Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties) by Tim Bewer
- The Strange American Way by Peter A. Munch
- Mountain Biking Wisconsin by Colby Thor Waller
- Guide to Wisconsin's Parks, Forests, Recreation Areas, and Trails Text and Photographs by Jim Umhoefer
- Wisconsin Day Trips by Theme, Second Edition (Wisconsin Day Trip By Theme) by Mary M. Bauer
- Ah Wisconsin by Howard Mead
- Guide to Minnesota's Parks, Canoe Routes, and Trails by Jim Umhoefer
- Discoveries...America: Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Auto Tours 1996-97 Edition by Wisconsin Department of ...
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.