Melvil Decimal System: 977.32
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌽 > 🕵 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
West central counties
East central counties
Kane; Aurora; Elgin
Works under MDS 977.32
- History of La Salle County, Illinois by Elmer Baldwin
- Farm On Nippersink Creek (American Storytelling) by Jim May
- Ragdale : a history and guide by Alice Hayes
- The Illinois and Michigan Canal: A Contemporary Perspective in Essays and Photographs by Jim Redd
- Lake Forest: Estates, People and Culture (IL) (Images of America) by Arthur H. Miller
- Houses with names : the Italian immigrants of Highwood, Illinois by Adria Bernardi
- Wheaton (IL) (Images of America) by Keith Call
- Dekalb (IL) (Images of America) by Jo Fredell Higgins
- Starved Rock State Park: The Work of the CCC Along the I&M Canal by Dennis H. Cremin
- EVANSTONIANA: AN INFORMAL HISTORY OF EVANSTON AND ITS ARCHITECTURE by BARBARA J. BUCHBINDER-GREEN' 'MARGERY BLAIR PERKINS
- Aurora by Jo Fredell Higgins
- A History of the County of Du Page, Illinois: Containing an Account of Its Early Settlement and Present Advantages, a Separate History of the Several Towns, Including Notices of Religious Organizations, Education, Agriculture and Manufactures, with the Names and Some Account of the First Settlers in Each Township, and Much Valuable Statistical Information by C. W. Richmond
- Greater Lafayette: A Pictorial History. (Indiana Pictorial History Ser.) by Fern Martin
- Sycamore (IL) (Images of America) by Phyllis Kelley
- Elgin, Illinois: From the Collection of The Elgin Area Historical Society by Jim Edwards
- Shifting Sands: The Restoration of the Calumet Area by Kenneth J. Schoon
- Fort Sheridan (IL) (Images of America) by Diana Dretske
- Naperville, Illinois by Jo Fredell Higgins
- Starved Rock stories : selected histories and images of North Central Illinois by Steve Stout
- Lake County, Illinois: This Land of Lakes and Rivers : An Illustrated History by Virginia Mullery
- Downers Grove, 1832-1982 by Montrew Dunham
- Trout Valley, the Hertz Estate, and Curtiss Farm by Lisa Damian Kidder
- Crystal Lake (Postcard History Series) by Diana L. Kenney
- A Tale of Two Towns: A Mining and a Farming Community in the 1890s by Duane A. Smith
- Batavia (IL) (Images of America) by Jim Edwards
- St. Charles: Culture and Leisure in an All-American Town by Dr. Costas Spirou
- Joliet (IL) (Images of America) by Marianne Wolf
- John Gustafson's Historic Batavia by John A Gustafson
- Canal Town & County Seat: The Historical Geography of Morris (Studies on the Illinois & Michigan Canal Corridor ; No. 8) by Valerie M. McKay
- Lake Forest, Illinois; history and reminiscences, 1861-1961 by Edward Arpee
- The heritage of Starved Rock by Naomi L. Ellenburg
- Naperville In the 70's: The Defining Years by Kay Stephens
- The Sandwich Fair since 1888: DeKalb County, Illinois by Vivian C. Wright
- Timelines of North Central College and Naperville History 1831-1995 by B. Pierre Lebeau
- The First 150 Years... A History of the Naperville Municipal Band by Ronald Keller
- McHenry County : a pictorial history
- Is it Eden? Is it Camelot? Is it Paradise? Better yet ... it's Naperville by Herb Matter
- Naturalization records of DeKalb County, Illinois by Genealogical Society of ...
- Our Town in Illinois: The Naperville Sun Illinois Sesquicentennial Section, Thursday, August 22, 1968, Fifty Cents by The Naperville Sun
- Landmarks in Naperville: 1831-1981: As Recreated by Lester Schrader by Lester Schrader
- From Catholics to Presbyterians: A Nineteenth Century Religious Schism amoung French-Canadian Immigrants in Central Illinois
- Nostalgia and glee in Sycamore, Illinois, by C. R McLagan
- Naper Settlement: A 19th Century Village by Sharon Frolick
- History of the Christian Church, Watseka Illinois 1881 - 1965
- Geneva in Vintage Postcards (IL) (Postcard History Series) by John J. Laukaitis
- The Past & Present of Boone County, Illinois by H.F. Kett
- Rialto Square Theatre, Joliet, Illinois by The Rialto Square Theatre
- Time and Place in Joliet: Essays on the Geographical Evolution of the City (Studies on the Illinois & Michigan Canal corridor) by Michael P. Conzen
- Lake County, Illinois : an illustrated history by Diana Dretske
- Elgin : an American history, 1835-1985 by E. C. Alft
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.