Melvil Decimal System: 979.471
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🏄 > 🏄 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Coast range counties, north
North central counties
East central counties
West central counties; San Francisco group
Coast range counties, south
South central counties
San Luis Obispo
Works under MDS 979.471
- Ghost Towns of the Santa Cruz Mountains by John V. Young
- Santa Cruz County: Parade of the Past by Margaret Koch
- Santa Cruz Is in the Heart: Selected Writings on Local History, Culture, Politics & Ghosts by Geoffrey Dunn
- Santa Cruz the Early Years: The Collected Historical Writings of Leon Rowland by Leon Rowland
- Mission Santa Cruz by Kim Ostrow
- History of Santa Cruz County, California by E. S Harrison
- Good liberals and great blue herons: Land, labor and politics in the Pajaro Valley by Frank Bardacke
- Santa Cruz Island: A History of Conflict and Diversity by John Gherini
- A howling wilderness: A history of the Summit Road area of the Santa Cruz Mountains, 1850-1906 by Stephen M. Payne
- Santa Cruz County History Journal Issue Number Two 2 1995 (Issue 2) by Stanley D. Stevens
- Santa Cruz County History Journal, Issue Number Three by Sandy Lydon
- The Joaquin Castro Adobe in the Twentieth Century by Suzanne Paizis
- Native Americans at Mission Santa Cruz, 1791-1834: Interpreting the archaeological record by Rebecca Allen
- Santa Cruz County California Illustrations with Historical Sketch 1879 by Leonard A. Greenberg
- Indexed cemetery records of Santa Cruz County, California by Genealogical Society
- Annals of Santa Cruz [Paperback] by Leon Rowland
- The Man from the Rio Grande: A Biography of Harry Love, Leader of the California Rangers who tracked down Joaquin Murrieta (Western Frontiersmen Series) by William B. Secrest
- The story of old Soquel by Leon Rowland
- Santa Cruz County History Journal by History Museum of Santa Cruz County
- Story of the mission Santa Cruz by H. A. Van Coenen Torchiana
- Santa Cruz Mission: La Exaltacion de la Santa Cruz by Phyllis Bertorelli Patten
- A History of the Lumber Industry in the Santa Cruz Mountains by Big Creek Lumber and Building Supplies
- Old Santa Cruz Mission by Leon Rowland
- Villa de Branchiforte: The Village that Vanished by Leon Rowland
- Neary Lagoon Park and Wildlife Refuge by Frank Perry
- Hip Santa Cruz 2: More First-Person Accounts of the Hip Culture of Santa Cruz, California by Ralph Abraham
- 5:04 P.M. The Great Quake of 1989 by Santa Cruz Sentinel Publishers Co.
- The History of the Creeks of Rancho Tres Ojos de Agua and Vicinity by Dean A. Silvers
- La nostra costa = Our coast : a family's journey to and from the north coast of Santa Cruz, California, (1923-1983) by Ivano Franco Comelli
- Aptos Village. Secondary Testing Recommendations and Archival Background of the Aptos Village Project by Gary S. Breschini
- Archaeological test excavations at CA-SCR-93: With a discussion of models of central California prehistory by Gary S. Breschini
- Soquel Landing to Capitola-By-The-Sea by Sandy; Swift Lydon, Carolyn
- Reminiscences of Seabright by E. M. C Forbes
- If Walls Could Talk... by County Bank of Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz County, California. by Wallace W. Elliot
- Record Books of the Alcaldes of Santa Cruz, California 1847-1850 by Sara A. Bunnett
- Early Hispanic Probate Record Selections, Santa Cruz County, California Probate Records Vol. I: 1851-1877 Vol. II: 1877-1890 by Patricia D. Edwards
- Index to Santa Cruz County Court of Sessions minutes: 26 April 1850 through 12 December 1863 by Sara A. Bunnett
- The Guide to Old Holy Cross Cemetery by Norman Poitevin
- Historic Archaeology and the Wilder Ranch State Historic Park's Bolcoff Adobe: Student Procedures Manuel by Rob Edwards
- 228 Interesting, Odd, Beautiful and Historic Things to See in Santa Cruz County by Steven Bignell
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.