The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play

by Jaci Burton

English (49)  Spanish (1)  All languages (50)
This was a typical sports romance. There was really nothing unique or out of the ordinary to this story. Pro football player who is tired of the glamorous life and manipulation by his agent meets event planner at a party. Tara is the typical beautiful but doesn't see her herself as such love interest. She is also a single mother of a teenager. There is some standard miscommunication that almost derails their relationship, but they are able to come out on the other side with plans of marriage and a happily ever after.

It was any easy read, but I don't know that I am interested enough to pick up the next book. I'll just wait and see. 2.5 stars. ( )
  sdbookhound | May 24, 2019 |
This was such a cute and hot and heavy romance that I fell in love with from the beginning. I loved seeing these two together. Both characters were engaging and full of life. It was quite fun to see the build of the relationship. I also was intrigued by Tara's brother and the brotherly bond he forms with Mick. Mick's family was simply fabulous. But there was one character I had issues with. Liz who is Mick's agent treats Tara horribly and even though I loved this book, I am reluctant to read the second book because of the way that she treats Tara. But I couldn't get enough of Mick and Tara. Jaci Burton has won me over with this one ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
1.5 stars ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
When this book was first published, I wanted to run out and get it for the cover alone. Who can pass up a HOT guy on the cover of a book? Not me that is for sure.
However I am glad that I waited on purchasing this one. The writting was good, and the characters were likable, though the plot and the story got on my nerves.
I did not like how whiney and selfish Tara came across. As a single mother myself, yes, I have put my kids before everyone else, including myself. But with Tara saying it all the time, and not really doing it, i mean she is running her own business that she admits takes up a lot of time, she got on my last nerve. I find it hard to believe that with her son being almost 15 she didn't have time to date, nor make sure she focused on her sone while dating. I have three under the age of 10 and found time to take care of them, work and find an amazing man for us.
Mick is a pro football player who you can just tell is getting really tired of the limelight, he is ready to settle down even if he doesn't realize it. He meets Tara at a football "ball" and they hit it off right off the bat, enough so that she sleeps with him the first night. Tara takes off the next morning and he has his agent find her for him. He pursuses Tara throughout the book, because just when you think she is coming to her senses, she turns tail and runs again. Yes, they get their happy ending, but not without a lot of work on Mick's part. ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |
I haven’t really read any sporty romances before this one so I liked that aspect of this book. It was a cute little story though. ( )
  katiesoars | Dec 14, 2018 |

Football pro Mick Riley is an all-star, both on the field and in the bedroom. But a sexy, determinedly single mom just might be the one to throw him off his game…

For years Mick has been taking full advantage of the life available to a pro athlete: fame, fortune, and a different girl in every city. But when he meets and beds confident, beautiful event planner Tara Lincoln, he wants much more than the typical one-night stand. Too bad Tara’s not interested in getting to know football’s most notorious playboy any better.

As the single mother of a teenage son, the last thing Tara needs is the jet-set lifestyle of Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand was unforgettable. Tara’s life is complicated enough without being thrust into the spotlight as Mick’s latest girl du jour. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn’t intend to put herself out there again, especially with a heartbreaker like Mick.

But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind.

The last thing event planner Tara Lincoln needs is the jet-set lifestyle of a football pro like Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand proved that Mick is an all-star--both on the field and in the bedroom. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a certified heartbreaker. But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind to catch this sultry vixen.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,436,786 books! | Top bar: Always visible