Sisterhood Everlasting

by Ann Brashares

Despite having jobs and men that they love, Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget know something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn't take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can't seem to shed her old restlessness. When Tibby sends the others plane tickets for a reunion they all breathlessly await, it will change their lives forever, but in ways none of them ever expected. The traveling pants are gone, but the sisterhood lasts forever.… (more)

The 5th and final book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series brought the series to a wonderful ending in my opinion. Yes the book was very sad at points and yes I did not always love where the book headed but I did fell satisfied and happy with where the stories ended. I felt that the author brought the characters just far enough forward where they felt resolved but also where the reader could still fill in the blanks for what might continue to happen in these characters lives. All in all this book was a breat ending to one of my favorite series. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Ten years later and Lena and Kostos STILL aren't together!!! Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. This book picks up ten years after the last one. Carmen is a successful actress and slated to marry a self-involved jerk. Lena teaches and is still alone. Bridget is in love but restless in her relationship with Brian. Tibby is MIA until she send each of them a plane ticket to Greece. Once there tragidy strikes. The happy ending in this one is bittersweet but wtill very nice. ( )
  Colleen5096 | Oct 29, 2020 |
When i first realized there was a 5th sisterhood book i went out to the shops and instantly bought it.
I was so excited and was ready for another fun loving summer with the girls then...

(careful spoilers ahead)

... Then Tibby dies. I was like oh my god this CAN NOT be happening!!
I slammed the book down and didnt read it for an hour. I just couldnt.
But i finally convinced myself to keep reading and i am glad i did.
Bridget gets pregnant with Eric's child and runs away, not telling Eric anything.
She runs to Australia ( my home country :D ) and visits Tibby's husband, and child, Bailey.
Bridget learns that Tibby died because of an illness she had.
Lena gets back with Kostos and there is a happy ending between the two.
After looking after Bailey for a few months, Bridget discovers she is glad she is having a child and she wants to keep it. She confesses to Eric about it and he says it is what he wants.

Overall i adored the book and even though i thought it was sad that Tibby died i think it worked wonderfully and it was important.
And besides, there was a happy ending in the end for everyone :D ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |
This book was not what I expected. It was sad and happy at the same time. At one point I had to put it down for a while. I finally picked it up again and finished it. I loved revisiting the characters. ( )
  Martha662 | Jun 27, 2020 |
“Pants” fans who have grown up with the girls and love them will no doubt overlook the improbabilities, unrealized characters and plot manipulations to make this a bestseller.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews (Apr 1, 2011)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Brashares comes the welcome return of the characters whose friendship became a touchstone for a generation. Now Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget have grown up, starting their lives on their own. And though the jeans they shared are long gone, the sisterhood is everlasting.

Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.

Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,438,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible