Black Dawn

by Rachel Caine

6732035,133 (3.96)2
Fantasy. Fiction. Literature. Mystery. In Last Breath, the rain brought a new and dire threat to Morganville and its vampires . . . their ancient enemies, the draug. Now, the vampires are fighting a losing war, and it will fall to the residents of the Glass House-Michael, Eve, Shane, and Claire-to take the fight to an enemy who threatens to destroy the town, forever.Lovers of Morganville, rejoice: Black Dawn takes the intrigue, romance, and nail-biting suspense of the series to its highest level yet.… (more)

So it has been a while since I've delved into the Morganville Vampires world. I forgot how much I love it. Claire, Shane, Eve, and Micheal are such badass. Always trying to make the right decision even if it's more dangerous to themselves. This book was seriously crazy and was almost never a boring moment. And that cliff-hanger ending? Wow. I'm thinking that things are just going to get crazier for Morganville.

How I choose my rating:
1* Didn't like it at all. These are rare as I usually just don't finish any book I dislike this much.
2** Didn't like it. Again usually DNF if I dislike it this much, but occasionally I feel it still has potential and I try to stick with it to the end.
3*** I liked it. It wasn't great but it was enjoyable enough. It is unlikely I'll ever reread it but I'll probably finish the series if it is a part of one.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this at some point, and I will finish the series if part of one.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will probably reread this and possibly more than once. I will finish the series if it's part of one. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I just love how Rachel Caine can still keep us hanging after all this time... I love it that she hasn't ran out of material for the Morganville vampire world. It seems like it's getting even more intense now though, with Naomi, and with Amelie saying the things she's said, I can't wait for the next one to come out. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
The Morganville Vampire Series never ceases to amaze me! This is the 12th Novel in the series and they just get better and better. Rachel Caine keeps the story moving and fresh and comes up with twists and turns you never expect and your never bored. Currently the novels are contracted to continue to fifteen and I can not wait for each and every release date to see what will happen next to Claire and Shawn, Michael and Eve and all of the other residents of Morganville, Texas!! ( )
  ltl1red | Jul 9, 2019 |
Black Dawn was okay. Full of action & exciting, but...I kind of find Shane annoying. Am I the only one? ( )
  taranator | Jul 11, 2017 |
This was a decent read but I don't have any overwhelming feelings about it. Just a feeling of OMG, what else could possibly happen. Guess I'll just have to wait patiently for the next installment to find out. 3.5 Stars

Read With Me: Black Dawn ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
This book is dedicated to my friend and writing mentor Patricia Anthony. Without her steady guidance, fantastic advice, and brilliant example, I would never have reached the place I am today. Thank you for pushing me, Pat. I hope you keep doing it for years and years to come.

It's also dedicated to the Bexter, and Ronan. Welcome to the world, little man! Congrats, Mom!
It would have been better if he'd screamed.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,616,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible