Blue Moon

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter (8)

It's up to Anita to prove Richard's innocence when he is jailed on assault charges, but in doing so she pits herself against corrupt cops and the Master Vampire, Jean-Claude, who threatens her and her friends.
    A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison (housewench)
    housewench: Both of these books in their respective series drag their protagonists from the comfort of home, away where they've little support. Both heroines must deal with werewolves in ways that make them rethink themselves, and who they are, before they can return safely home.… (more)
    Diana Tregarde Investigates (Children of the Night, Burning Water, & Jinx High) by Mercedes Lackey (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Strong woman with magical abilities investigating a murder by supernatural means
    Damnation Marked by SM Reine (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Both feature supernatural creatures, a strong female protagonist trained to fight and kill when necessary and both are strong compelling stories that are filled with horror, desire, and magic.

English (50)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (52)
I really loved Laurell K. Hamilton's early Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series books but I did feel like she lost the thread a bit in the middle of the series. I am glad to say that it seems like she is focusing more on the story line and less on the sex of late which makes the books better in my opinion. I think Anita is a great character and Laurell K. Hamilton can write a great plot but her overly complicated sex scenes can somewhat take away from the book. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I liked the plot. Things are getting more intense for our heroine, Anita. But ...I didn't like her much in this book. She really crossed quite a few lines. Perhaps the author is doing it on purpose since a recurring theme seems to be who exactly are the monsters? Who exactly is more monstrous? Some great scenes in this one. Anita is finally going to learn to use her power. Richard the werewolf is back and Anita Jean-Claude and he are working things out. Maybe. ( )
  jezebellydancer | Apr 14, 2021 |
this one was pretty good and I must say I'm sort of startng to like Richard now that he's starting to get the stick out of his butt. But I am still partial to Jean Claudr and was very upset he wasn't in this book much. I also am Liking Asher a lot. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
I really don't know why Anita loves Richard. ( )
  Nany.Diaz | Feb 18, 2020 |
Excellent and very involving story. LKH keeps the heat up and the horror flowing. This is the book where I am a bit more off base but I still stayed up way past my bedtime hooked on the story...more powers but reasonable explanations for them...okay. I loved that there was more Damian and Asher. As an aside...I am one of those who has a folder of photos of actors I have chosen to play her characters, the file is huge. Just looking at all those diverse creations shows a wonderful feat of logistics...she must have a huge memory board with photos or something to keep them all straight in her head. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for Shawn Holsapple, brother-in-law, police officer, and kindred spirit.
I was dreaming of cool flesh and sheets the color of fresh blood.

"RICHARD WAS AN ALPHA WEREWOLF. IT WAS HIS ONLY SERIOUS FLAW. WE'D BROKEN UP AFTER I'D SEEN HIM EAT SOMEBODY."

Still, you never forget your ex-fiance. And when the call came at three in the morning, I thought for a moment it was him. It wasn't. It was his brother. And it wasn't good news. Apparently, the former love of my life had gotten himself thrown in jail for assaulting a woman.

Since I make my living as a preternatural expert, I tend to believe almost anything's possible. But though he may be one of the monsters, Richard would never harm a woman. So here I am in the wilds of Tennessee, Anita to the rescue. I've got just a few days to spring Richard and find out who framed him -- and why.

There's a full moon coming, and if my werewolf love is still behind bars when it rises, he'll be facing a lot worse than an assault charge...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,250,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible