Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

Midwinterblood (2011)

by Marcus Sedgwick

"Seven linked vignettes unfold on a Scandinavian island inhabited--throughout various time periods--by Vikings, vampires, ghosts, and a curiously powerful plant"--Provided by publisher.
    Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (celerydog)
    celerydog: similar inter-linked stories structure and equally satisfying

DNF I did not finish this book because it was so predictable. I felt I saw everything that happened coming so I checked with some spoilers and I was right there was no point in finishing the book when I already knew what was going to happen just by guessing. I hate books that I can guess the endings in the first couple chapters of the book. it was a fantastic idea though just very poorly executed ( )
  mitsuzanna | Sep 26, 2019 |
Can't quite decide how to rate this one (star ratings are so hard!). This novel is strange and thought-provoking and fascinating. A worthwhile read. ( )
  akbooks | Sep 12, 2019 |
It's a good thing I didn't have much planned for today, because once I started this book I had to keep going to the end. It is not structured like a traditional novel, but reads like a series of ghost stories, linked together by three recurring characters. Really an excellent read, but I don't understand why it is cataloged as young adult. Maybe because Sedwick's other books are? ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Chilling, haunting, and beautiful.
  aratiel | Sep 5, 2018 |
Do NOT listen to people, don't read the flyleaf, step into this tale utterly unschooled and open-minded.

You will not be able to put it down.

Thank you, BR, for the referral! ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,793,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible