Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Conjectures and Refutations: The Growth of Scientific Knowledge (1962)

by Karl R. Popper

Conjectures and Refutations is one of Karl Popper's most wide-ranging and popular works, notable not only for its acute insight into the way scientific knowledge grows, but also for applying those insights to politics and to history. It provides one of the clearest and most accessible statements of the fundamental idea that guided his work: not only our knowledge, but our aims and our standards, grow through an unending process of trial and error.… (more)

English (1)  French (1)  All languages (2)
Conjectures and Refutations (Routledge Classics) by Karl R. Popper (2002)
  leese | Nov 23, 2009 |
To F.A. von Hayek
The essays and lectures of which this book is composed are variations upon one very simple theme—the thesis that we can learn from our mistakes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,339,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible