Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander

A Lasting Impression

by Tamera Alexander

2193579,978 (4.17)8

English (34)  Dutch (1)  All languages (35)
More of three and a half stars. Four stars for the writing. But half a star knocked off for some anachronistic behavior and waiting for some more action that didn't come. I read plenty of books with anachronistic details and characters bit they are usually so over the top that I just give up and enjoy the ride. This book was so detailed and beautiful that whenever an anachronistic detail popped up, it was jarring. For instance, a male character in a wealthy, formal household knocks on a woman's bedroom door and she invites him in without blinking and they stand around having a casual conversation. But overall I enjoyed the writing style and the descriptions. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
I thoroughly enjoyed A Lasting Impression. Claire is ashamed of her past and desperately wants a new beginning. I was thrilled for her when she lands a "dream job" with a very critical but wealthy employer. (Think "The Devil Wears Prada") It was very entertaining to ride along with Claire as she tries to impress all of high society in Nashville and win over her boss.
Yes, the romance was sweet and there was even a little suspense thrown in from someone in her past. This historical novel has made me want to take a trip to Nashville and visit the Belmont Mansion. I would highly recommend this book. ( )
  ChurchMouse70 | May 27, 2017 |
Tammy is a special author to me, and it's not just because we share the same school history with a private school in Georgia or the southern hospitality spirit. It's because of that and because her stories get under your skin and in to your heart. Her characters are real and leap from the page. I was captivated by every series I have read so far, pretty much from page one. I have lost many a night sleep or day's chore lacked accomplishment simply because I was too distraught by the idea of leaving the plot and protagonist until I found out what happened next.

It's amazing to me, how Tammy can find characters with a slight bit of past that makes you really want to not like them, and walk on the other side of the road... but she finds ways to bring them into your hearts and they are then the ones that you are mentally cheering for as you turn each page. Reading this Belmont Mansion Novel, I could hear the southern drawl and it makes me smile. A native Georgian, southern through and through now relocated to Tennessee -- I definitely found things within these pages to endure and entertain. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Jul 23, 2015 |
I read this book in anticipation of Tamera Alexander appearance at the West Virginia Book Festival 2012. I loved the book. Maybe it's about time for a re-read. ( )
  sar96 | Jan 2, 2014 |
  sar96 | Jan 2, 2014 |

From Christy and RITA Award-winning author Tamera Alexander comes a novel about the difference between knowing who you are—and knowing who you want to become.Set at Nashville's historic Belmont Mansion, a stunning antebellum manor, A Lasting Impression is a sweeping love story about a nation mending after war, the redemption of those wounded, and the courage of a man and woman to see themselves––and each other––for who they truly are."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764206222, Paperback)

Blockbuster New Historical Series From Acclaimed Author Tamera Alexander

To create something that will last is Claire Laurent's most fervent desire as an artist. It's also her greatest weakness. When her fraud of a father deals her an unexpected hand, Claire is forced to flee from New Orleans to Nashville, only a year after the War Between the States has ended. Claire's path collides with that of Sutton Monroe, and she considers him a godsend for not turning her in to the authorities. But when they meet again and he refuses to come to her aid, she realizes she's sorely misjudged the man. Trading an unwanted destiny for an unknown future, Claire finds herself in the middle of Nashville's elite society and believes her dream of creating a lasting impression in the world of art may finally be within reach.

All that Sutton Monroe holds dear lies in ruin. He's determined to reclaim his heritage and to make the men who murdered his father pay. But what he discovers on his quest for vengeance reveals a truth that may cost him more than he ever imagined.

Set at Nashville's historical Belmont Mansion, a stunning antebellum manor built by Mrs. Adelicia Acklen, the richest woman in America in the 1860s, A Lasting Impression showcases the deep, poignant, unforgettable characters that set Tamera's stories apart and provides an inspiring love story that will capture readers' hearts and leave them eager for more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:09 -0400)

After an unwanted past, Claire strives to create something that will last as an artist among Nashville's elite society in the 1860s.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Tamera Alexander's book A Lasting Impression was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Tamera Alexander is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,515,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible