Tilt-a-Whirl by Chris Grabenstein

Tilt-a-Whirl

by Chris Grabenstein

There isn't much sun in the fun when a billionaire real estate tycoon is found murdered on the Tilt-A-Whirl at a seedy seaside amusement park in the otherwise quiet summer tourist town of Sea Haven. John Ceepak, a former MP just back from Iraq, has just joined the Sea Haven police department. The job offer came from an old army buddy who hoped to give Ceepak at least a summer's worth of rest and relaxation to help him forget the horrors of war. Instead, Ceepak will head up the murder investigation. He is partnered with Danny Boyle, a 24-year-old, part-time summer cop who doesn't carry a gun and only works with the police by day so he has enough pocket money left over to play with his beach buddies by night. In the first novel in a new series written in the spirit of Carl Hiaasen's work, the Tilt-A-Whirl murder pushes Ceepak's deep sense of honor and integrity to the limits as unexpected twists and turns keep the truth spinning wildly in every direction.… (more)

Not so great.

Writing potential ruined by unimaginative sexual exploitation plot. I want my money back. ( )
  yhgail | Feb 20, 2019 |
This was one of the best mysteries I have ever read! Very entertaining with some good twists to the plot. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
This is a complete popcorn read. Nothing new to,the genre but it was just what the doctor ordered. It went down smooth. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
Not as sunny fun as I expected but I liked the story. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
For Jennifer
Because of Dave, Dylan, and all the guys who rush in when everyone else is rushing out.
Some guys have a code they live by, some guys don't.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,865,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible