The Attributes of God

by Arthur W. Pink

2,02478,157 (4.34)None
The foundation of our knowledge of God rests upon knowing what he is like. Without understanding God's attributes, we have a skewed perception of him--often one cast in our own image. We need more than just a theoretical knowledge of God in order to worship him as he desires. This classic work of Arthur W. Pink invites readers to discover the truth about seventeen attributes of God, including his sovereignty, immutability, patience, love, faithfulness, and much more. Pink shows readers a God who is alive, all-powerful, and active in his creation. The perfect introductory text, The Attributes of God also has enough depth and meat to satisfy the more experienced reader.… (more)

This was a good book, but heavy. It is best to take in chunks (one chapter at a time), with breaks in between to contemplate and pray about. The only thing I found to be really problematic was the style of writing. It is written in quite a scholarly fashion, not necessarily a problem, but in this case having a different style and tone would have made the content easier to get through and digest. ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
such good truths to remember about God. i love the way each chapter focuses on one attribute... but they are all so entangled with each other at the same time :) i love the references in scripture.... i made notes in my bible to remember what i read, not only for myself, but also to encourage those around me :) praying to remember all that my GOD is :) ( )
  Isaiah40 | Sep 7, 2021 |
There is no better study than the study of God.

Pink exemplifies his strength for bringing in a wealth of Scriptures on one attribute of God, and not always the typical ones. The background for this book is based on a rigorously systematic Calvinist (aka Reformed) theology, so that colors everything he says.

I picked up this book both as a devotional and to gain some understanding on different views of foreknowledge. The thoroughly referenced chapter on Foreknowledge was a helpful find, no matter what theology you come from. Because I am not a Calvinist, certain chapters were monotonous to get through, although interesting to read his views—no need to elaborate on that. But there were many chapters that I enjoyed purely from a devotional point of view (esp. Patience). All in all if you are Arminian I would recommend Tozer's book for you, but thank God we can learn from each other. ( )
  Shockleyy | Jun 6, 2021 |
Excellent read for those wanting to learn more about God himself. The author does approach this from a Calvinistic point of view, although this only comes through in a few of the attributes. ( )
  2hokies | Apr 24, 2019 |
very good!
  CNWoolson | Jan 19, 2011 |
[Preface] Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee" (Job 22:21).
The title of this article is perhaps not sufficiently explicit to indicate its theme.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,130,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible