The Vampire Armand

by Anne Rice

Series: The Vampire Chronicles (6)

See the difference, read #1 bestselling author Anne Rice in Large Print * About Large Print All Random House Large Print editions are published in a 16-point typeface In the latest installment of The Vampire Chronicles, Anne Rice summons up dazzling worlds to bring us the story of Armand - eternally young, with the face of a Botticelli angel. Armand, who first appeared in all his dark glory more than twenty years ago in the now-classic Interview with the Vampire, the first of The Vampire Chronicles, the novel that established its author worldwide as a magnificent storyteller and creator of magical realms. Now, we go with Armand across the centuries to the Kiev Rus of his boyhood - a ruined city under Mongol dominion - and to ancient Constantinople, where Tartar raiders sell him into slavery. And in a magnificent palazzo in the Venice of the Renaissance we see him emotionally and intellectually in thrall to the great vampire Marius, who masquerades among humankind as a mysterious, reclusive painter and who will bestow upon Armand the gift of vampiric blood. As the novel races to its climax, moving through scenes of luxury and elegance, of ambush, fire, and devil worship to nineteenth-century Paris and today's New Orleans, we see its eternally vulnerable and romantic hero forced to choose between his twilight immortality and the salvation of his immortal soul.… (more)

hb
  5083mitzi | Mar 20, 2021 |
Anne Rice has stated she wants book reviewers to be required to post with their full, real name. In response, I am removing all my reviews of her novels as I am unable and unwilling to do this. I am no longer comfortable reading or reviewing her work. Thank you.
  kaitlynn_g | Dec 13, 2020 |
audiobook, unabridged,
  MLHart | Jun 11, 2020 |
Fills in Armand's life. The movie really put me off Armand but this novel set it back on track. Not as engrossing as the first three vampire novels but an okay read. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |
Anne Rice is the author to go to when you want to read a really good vampire novel. Not the type of vampire novels where vampires sparkle and are just too over the top (eye roll). This is vampires done well, with all the rich details and history to go along with them. I love this series and need to pick it back up again - I've gotten stuck on this one and need to push through it!
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |

Anne Riceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kesper, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jesus, speaking to Mary Magdalene:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not;
for I am not yet ascended to my Father:
but go to my brethren, and say unto them,
I ascend unto my Father, and your Father;
and to my God, and your God.

The Gospel According to St. John 20:17
For

Brandy Edwards,

Brain Robertson

and

Christopher and Michele Rice
They said a child had died in the attic.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,696,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible