The Innocent by David Baldacci

The Innocent

by David Baldacci

Series: Will Robie (1)

Recently added bymuwaffaq, rena75, Nancyeaid, Niels_W
    The Rescue by Steven Konkoly (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Will Robie and Ryan Decker remind me much of each other.

English (79)  Swedish (1)  All languages (80)
This is my first visit with "Will Robie" and to be honest the first few chapters had me thinking maybe this book wasn't for me but I'm so glad I hung in there. Once I got past that, the story unfolded and had me hooked. I found "Will Robie" turned into someone human and enjoyed the unfolding story and his interaction with the characters around him. Trying not give anything way about the story. I'm looking forward to my next installment. ( )
  qosheba | Mar 20, 2019 |
While I like spy/suspense thrillers I’m only giving this book a 3. I figured out the what/who pretty early on and I found that I had to force myself to finish. So it was a good book just not great I’m debating finishing the series ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
I was in a mood for an entertaining no-brains thriller on audio. I randomly downloaded this audiobook from Overdrive, and I was not disappointed. Solid, entertaining mystery thriller. I will read more from Baldacci. ( )
  Gezemice | Oct 29, 2018 |
I really liked this book. It was very well written and clearly a very thorough and detailed. It had a constant suspenseful feeling where you didn't know what was going to happen next.
The book was written by a very talented author who obviously knows how to keep a reader interested in the book. There was never a dull second in the novel and there was always something happening and something being added to the story line.
Every time a new character was introduced they were very well planned, they had everything from an appearance to a full personality with a back story. What is even more amazing about this is that he managed to connect every single person to either the whole story or another person who makes up another branch of the whole story.
Overall this book was truly amazing and really makes you think about where the investigations could lead and what each persons true intentions were. I would highly recommend this book to anybody.
  mmcdonald18 | Oct 26, 2018 |
Synopsis: Will Robie is a contract killer for the government. One of his assignments doesn't seem kosher so when he refuses to fire, someone else takes the shot. Somehow this murder is tied into the murder of a husband and wife in front of their daughter. Now Robie and the girl are on the run, trying to stay alive while attempting to find out who ordered the killing and just how they are both involved.
Review: Good story with lots of twists and turns. Makes me want to see these two teamed up, again. ( )
  DrLed | Sep 30, 2018 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kuipers, HugoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Te Lindert, JolandaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Will Robie had closely observed every one of the passengers on the short flight from Dublin to Edinburgh.

America has enemies--ruthless people that the police, the FBI, even the military can't stop. That's when the U.S. government calls on Will Robie, a stone cold hitman who never questions orders and always nails his target.
But Will Robie may have just made the first--and last--mistake of his career . . .
THE INNOCENT
It begins with a hit gone wrong. Robie is dispatched to eliminate a target unusually close to home in Washington, D.C. But something about this mission doesn't seem right to Robie, and he does the unthinkable. He refuses to kill. Now, Robie becomes a target himself and must escape from his own people.
Fleeing the scene, Robie crosses paths with a wayward teenage girl, a fourteen-year-old runaway from a foster home. But she isn't an ordinary runaway-her parents were murdered, and her own life is in danger. Against all of his professional habits, Robie rescues her and finds he can't walk away. He needs to help her.
Even worse, the more Robie learns about the girl, the more he's convinced she is at the center of a vast cover-up, one that may explain her parents' deaths and stretch to unimaginable levels of power.
Now, Robie may have to step out of the shadows in order to save this girl's life . . . and perhaps his own.

America has enemies--ruthless people that the police, the FBI, even the military can't stop. That's when the U.S. government calls on Will Robie, a stone-cold hit man who never questions orders and always nails his target. But Will Robie may have just made the first--and the last--mistake of his career... It begins with a hit gone wrong. Robie is dispatched to eliminate a target, but something about this mission doesn't seem right, and he does the unthinkable: he refuses to kill. Now, Robie becomes a target himself and must escape from his own people. Fleeing the scene, Robie crosses paths with a fourteen-year-old runaway whose parents were murdered, and her own life is in danger. Going against all of his professional habits, Robie rescues the girl and finds he can't walk away. He needs to help her. The more Robie learns about the girl, the more he's convinced she is at the center of a vast cover-up, one that may explain her parents' deaths and stretch to unimaginable levels of power. Now, Robie may have to step out of the shadows in order to save this girl's life ... and perhaps his own.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,556,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible