Snot Stew (1989)

by Bill Wallace

Brother and sister cats are taken in by a family and learn the pleasures and dangers of living alongside humans.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
One of my favorite childrens books of all times, and when asked which books I loved as a child, this one always makes the list. Humor, suspense, bonding, good moral messages, a shock/surprise, and an incredible ending. I'd love to find this one again for my collection as an adult. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
This book is a fantasy story about talking animals. The main characters of the story are two kittens, Tobi and Kikki. The story is told through the eyes of Kikki. It gives her view on the world and her surroundings. The kittens are barn cats that were abandoned by there mother and are now going to be pets for the barn owners’ children. The owner’s daughter plays dress-up with Kikki, while the owner’s son is left in charge of Tobi. Tobi becomes a bully to the owner’s dog which gets him into trouble. Eventually Butch, the dog, fights back, and tries to attack the kittens.
  danielleprice | Apr 15, 2008 |
Two kittens, Toby and Kikki are left behind by their mother on a farm. They are soon found and adopted by the two children that live on the farm. They have fun pestering the dog, and learning about "people things." They also learn that they love stew! When the children play their game of snot stew, it confuses the two kittens!

In third grade, my teacher reading this to our class and we loved it. There are so many places in the story where the entire classroom would roar with laughter.

Classroom Extension: Writing activity; Have children write any experiences they have had with their pets or any animal. ( )
1 vote wfd | Apr 14, 2008 |
To Nikki and Justin - who still like to play
Our mama was the best mama in the whole wide world.

Grades 4-6 ~ Kikki and Toby, two adopted farm kittens, learn that living with humans brings both pleasures and dangers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,098,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible