Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability {first edition} (2006)

by Steve Krug

This book is for the people in the trenches, the designers, the programmers, the webmasters, the project managers, the marketing people, and the folks who sign the checks. It is easily absorbed principles will help you arrive at both the right questions to ask the experts you hire, and practical answers so you can make difficult technical, aesthetic, and structural decisions.… (more)
    The UX Reader by MailChimp (supersidvicious)
    Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems by Steve Krug (Donogh, Neale, yesrogeryes)
    Donogh: The how-to guide on testing usability Steve Krug wanted to write since he finished writing 'Don't Make Me Think'
    Neale: These books go together.
    yesrogeryes: Good introduction book of user test

English (6)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (8)
No earth-shatteringly new revelations (as the book was published in 2000, and is now quite dated), however some common sense advice to usability design and usability testing. ( )
  PhillipThomas | Sep 18, 2022 |
A necessary book. ( )
  timspalding | Jun 22, 2011 |
A very nice to read book on web usability. I was especially enlightened by the described approach to usability testing, which made a lot of (business) sense to me (and applies equally well to non-web usability). ( )
  ipreuss | Dec 11, 2009 |
An easy read... The advice is pretty common sense now-a-days...

Whenever I read a tech book from 1999-2000, it makes me wish I appreciated the tech Bubble more when I was living through it. ( )
1 vote dvf1976 | Apr 23, 2008 |
a great book on useability. ( )
  heidilove | Feb 25, 2006 |
First Edition

Located in Kristin's office.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,576,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible