Heir To The Empire

by Timothy Zahn

Series: La croisade noire du Jedi fou (1), Star Wars: Thrawn Trilogy (1), Star Wars Novels (9 ABY), Star Wars Universe (9 ABY)

It's five years after Return of the Jedi: the Rebel Alliance has destroyed the Death Star, defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor, and driven out the remnants of the old Imperial Starlfleet to a distant corner of the galaxy. Princess Leia and Han Solo are married and expecting Jedi Twins. And Luke Skywalker has become the first in a long-awaited line of Jedi Knights. But thousand of light-years away.… (more)

at first I was trying to keep character consistency with the movies, imagining the lines in their voices and such. but that was exhausting. so I just decided to read it without trying to attach all that and just enjoy it. and I did.

I'm a star wars nerd, and this develops and continues the star wars universe beautifully. I enjoyed it. ( )
  Michael_J | Jun 2, 2022 |
Zahn is amazing. This trilogy will always be canon to me. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
In my search for another set of Star Wars books as good as the Darth Bane trilogy, I had this trilogy recommended to me multiple times on several different occasions. I found it to be very disappointing. Naturally, it's more about re-hashing Leia, Han, and Luke, which I'm already sick of, than Grand Admiral Thrawn. Speaking of which, I thought I would love Thrawn, but I found him vastly less interesting than I thought I would. Maybe it's just because we mainly ever see him from a third person perspective, or maybe it's because, like I said, he doesn't get enough time because he's being upstaged by the characters who have already been in the movies. That, and he doesn't seem to be capable of any emotion beyond cool, arrogant aloofness. If I had a nickel for every time Thrawn is described as saying something "cooly," I could go buy another book. ( )
  perrywatson | Jan 6, 2022 |
Second time through, thanks to Mando, and still holds up as what the expanded Star Wars universe always should have been. ( )
  nrfaris | Dec 23, 2021 |
I hated the Expanded Audio Edition of this book. Timothy Zahn interrupts far too many times to give background information. This makes getting into the rhythm of narrators narration impossible. I hope to give a better review of the story when there is no outside commentary . ( )
  Cataloger623 | Oct 24, 2021 |

Setterborg, ElisabetTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Setterborg, GabrielTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thompson, MarcNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Captain Pellaeon?"
includes novella and introduction and annotations by the author.  Do not combine with the regular edition.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,553,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible