Eleanor and Park

by Rainbow Rowell

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits--smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Both of these emotionally intense realistic fiction novels are set in the recent past, and feature misfit protagonists working through the agonies and ecstasies of first love, friendship, and surviving high school.
    Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer (Headinherbooks_27)
    More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer (Headinherbooks_27)
    Melissa by Alex Gino (Othemts)
    I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan (bluenotebookonline)

English (584)  Spanish (2)  Danish (1)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (589)
Precis som Fangirl så är första halvan briljant, men sen tappar den liksom fart. Slutet kändes ganska meh. Rowell är helt klart bättre på att skriva angstig "will they or won't they"-dramatik än själva kärleksförhållandet när det väl etablerats. ( )
  kattriarkatet | Jun 21, 2022 |
So sweet, and so sad. Everything I wanted and wished for in a high school romance when I was 16. The alternating, third-person perspectives were perfect. I didn’t understand all of the ‘80s references but I’m no worse off for it. I’m sure they would enrich the story for a more familiar reader. While Eleanor’s home life was absolutely dismal, my heart filled with what she found in Park. Just so, so sweet. ( )
  emma_mc | Jun 17, 2022 |
I get why this is being banned in some schools. And that that means it should be given to every teen you know. ( )
  Carmentalie | Jun 4, 2022 |
THIS BOOK WAS SO AMAZING I CAN DEFINITELY SEE MYSELF READING THIS BOOK AGAIN I LOVED IT SO MUCH ( )
  alexisxnicole | May 12, 2022 |
Absolutely loved this book. it is now one of my favorite books! ( )
  Carrena | Apr 28, 2022 |
I have never seen anything quite like “Eleanor & Park.” Rainbow Rowell’s first novel for young adults is a beautiful, haunting love story — but I have seen those. It’s set in 1986, and God knows I’ve seen that. There’s bullying, sibling rivalry, salvation through music and comics, a monstrous stepparent — and I know, we’ve seen all this stuff. But you’ve never seen “Eleanor & Park.” Its observational precision and richness make for very special reading.
added by melmore | editNew York Times, John Green (Mar 8, 2013)

Rowell, Rainbowprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gorovoy, AnnaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grlic, OlgaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Malhotra, SunilNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russell, HarrietCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simó, VictoriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Forest, Jade, Haven, and Jerry -
and everyone else in the back of the truck
He'd stopped trying to bring her back.
He loved how much they loved each other. It was the thing he thought about when he woke up scared in the middle of the night. Not that they loved him -- they were his parents, they had to love him. That they loved each other. They didn't have to do that.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,536,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible