This Is Not My Hat (2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (2)

A tiny minnow wearing a pale blue bowler hat has a thing or two up his fins in this underwater light-on-dark chase scene.

This book is best suited for younger children. This book is about a fish who is trying to get away with taking another's hat and trying to not get caught. The ending is not what you would expect. Great and fun read for younger children! ( )
  StephanieEHoover | Nov 20, 2020 |
This is pee-your-pants brand of funny. Will be reading this at my next storytime. ( )
  scout101 | Sep 15, 2020 |
Now this book is very interesting. While it is simple the reader will figure out that the narrator is unreliable. The little fish believes he will never be caught for pulling off the hat heist, but the illustrations say something different. Which is why this book can be complex for some readers. ( )
  blakeashley121 | Apr 16, 2020 |
This book is truly amazing. I loved reading it so much that I showed it to just about anyone who would listen. I read it to my fellow classmates, friends, sorority sisters, after-school kids, brother, mother, and anyone who would listen. This book reached all of them. It's absolutely hilarious. It tells the story of a small fish who steals a hat from a big fish. He goes through the story justifying his actions. This book brilliantly introduces its audience to illustrations that betray its story. I would highly recommend this book. My after-school kids loved it so much that I ended up buying a copy to keep around, and checking out the rest of the series from the library. ( )
  alexwaterbury | Apr 13, 2020 |
While "This Is Not My Hat" seems like a super simple picture book, about three pages into the book the reader will realize that the illustrations do not match the little fish's narration. This picture books plot is about a little fish's hat heist. He believes that no one will ever be able to catch him in the act, but the illustrations say other wise. ( )
  edt112 | Apr 13, 2020 |

Jon Klassenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Keating, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

My Hat (2)

Lawson/LIB 428 desc. --The extraordinary, simple, yet extravagant illustration coupled with the sort of twist/mystery plotline in the book when the fish go out of sight make this book such a fun and amazign read for children. Children and adults will likely appreciate the amazing artwork and design in this story but it's a double threat with the fun/humorous storyline and loveable characterization as the little fish has stolen a big fish's hat and swims along sort of bragging about it unknowingly being chased by the big fish until they reach seaweed and dip behind it, and only the big fish emerges, leaving the reader to assume what happened to the other. This book is incredible and should not be missed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,893,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible