dismiss

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the… (1997)

by Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter

Taking to heart the message that the poor and middle class work for money, but the rich have money work for them, the author lays out a financial philosophy based on the principle that income-generating assets always provide healthier bottom-line results.
    Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey (fulner)
    fulner: I really feel like Ramsey and Kiyosaki's works compliment each other. Kiyosaki's is actually more challenging and has more intellectual reasons of HOW and WHY things work, while Ramsey is more nuts and bolts "do this or you are screwed" and works on them heart strings. Get both, and stay out of debt.… (more)
    The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (Osko2k)

English (98)  Spanish (5)  German (2)  Norwegian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (108)
To enjoy and get something out of this book, you have to shut off your cynicism that this is just another rich guy talking, and see the value in many of his points. There are alternatives to mundane work-get-paid lives. And there is much value in being financially literate. Fairly inspirational book in a similar vein as 4hr workweek, but just a lot more old school and blunt.

Inspirational
Shut down cynicism
  bsmashers | Aug 1, 2020 |
I like this book because it shows that you can become rich if you want to and are willing to put in the work. It also lets you know that you don't need to be the smartest person to be successful, which is encouraging. This book definitely focuses on the mindset it takes to become successful rather than the specific steps to take, but I think it is helpful in motivating the reader to learn more about finances and take action. ( )
  InfiniteWolves | Jun 16, 2020 |
“Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki one of the most influential and best selling books that
played an important role in the financial industry. In this, the author emphasizes the significance
of financial education about the book. This book is about the story of yourself who has two
fathers. The Poor Dad what is biological father and the Rich Dad was the father of his childhood
best friend who taught him the financial education to become rich. In this learn that the money
comes and goes, but if you have the education about how money works you can power over it
and begin building wealth. Most of the educational systems are not set up to teach financial
literacy,so it's totally up to us to develop ourselves. Building wealth will become easier and
achievable if one learns to think like the rich and understand how the financial world operates. ( )
  Anwesha_Pal | May 13, 2020 |
This was an important book for me and taught me how to manage my money intelligently. It inspired me to develop a valuable financial instinct that has helped me to cut my costs, live more frugally and make better money decisions. ( )
  remouherek | Feb 24, 2020 |
I know this book has been incredibly popular and it does contain some useful material, but it's too much of a hybrid, IMO, to be of impactful use in any of the one areas people trumpet about it. Further, I don't hold with everything endorsed and found some of this rather sketchy or perhaps a bit lightweight. It's not that it can't be helpful to many people. It's just that I don't think it merits being held up as the "Bible" it's often viewed as. Not recommended for most, but if interested, I'd recommend researching it or quickly skimming through some of its pages before investing in the purchase of the book. ( )
  scottcholstad | Jan 14, 2020 |

Kiyosaki, Robert T.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lechter, Sharon L.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Hoye, StephenNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Biseth, DagTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meskó, KrisztinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panster, AndreaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sau, SiiriTÕlkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all parents everywhere, a child's most important teachers.
I had two fathers, a rich one and a poor one.

"How I got rich" is

the book's main theme, with folk-y

stories to prove points.

(legallypuzzled)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,281,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible