Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the… (1997)

by Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter

Taking to heart the message that the poor and middle class work for money, but the rich have money work for them, the author lays out a financial philosophy based on the principle that income-generating assets always provide healthier bottom-line results.
    Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey (fulner)
    fulner: I really feel like Ramsey and Kiyosaki's works compliment each other. Kiyosaki's is actually more challenging and has more intellectual reasons of HOW and WHY things work, while Ramsey is more nuts and bolts "do this or you are screwed" and works on them heart strings. Get both, and stay out of debt.… (more)
    The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (Osko2k)

English (104)  Spanish (5)  German (2)  Norwegian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (114)
Informative and educational

The author explains the difference in attitude between successful investors and the rest of us. It requires learning a bit a little bravery and some action but the author manages to 8mpart this knowledge in a way that sounds achievable. ( )
  Aetherson | Apr 26, 2021 |
First half of book was fascinating take on how money can make money. Liked the two scenarios of rich dad/poor dad and how they both think about money. ( )
  BillRob | Apr 15, 2021 |
Holy rambling, repetitive, and unorganized mess, Batman. There are some good lessons in here, but you’re going to have to weed through all the words you’ve already read and paragraphs of him patting himself on the back to find it. Good luck. ( )
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
There were a couple good ideas that stuck out to me in this -- foundationally basic ideas, but still made sense.

Otherwise, it was a bit of a mess. I was skimming along pretty fast once I was a few chapters in. Honestly, the tone was one of hubris. I wasn't a fan of how he bashed his father for staying stuck in the old (basically dumb) mindset of working for a living. ( )
  lachlanp | Dec 14, 2020 |
This book came highly recommended from quite a few different people. It definitely makes you rethink about the way you like at finances and investments! I don't agree with everything mentioned in the book (it feels like there is too much focus on becoming rich) but I am definitely still glad I read it.

There were many valuable lessons I realized I was handling wrong. One of the biggest things that stuck with me was that many "busy" people are just lazy and trying to put off the thing they don't want to do. This is something I know i have been guilty of. I would never call myself lazy, and many others wouldn't either. But if there is something I don't want to do, I will come up with every excuse I can to avoid it.

I recommend the book for everyone to read, even if your goal isn't to make more money. It definitely helps you to look at the money you have in a more respectful way. ( )
  Yodareads12 | Nov 30, 2020 |

Robert T. Kiyosakiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lechter, Sharon L.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Hoye, StephenNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Biseth, DagTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meskó, KrisztinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panster, AndreaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sau, SiiriTÕlkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all parents everywhere, a child's most important teachers.
I had two fathers, a rich one and a poor one.

"How I got rich" is

the book's main theme, with folk-y

stories to prove points.

(legallypuzzled)

Hachette Book Group

4 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446677450, 1586210912, 1570429596, 044656740X

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,377,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible