The Secret (2006)

by Rhonda Byrne

The tenth-anniversary edition of the book that changed lives in profound ways, now with a new foreword and afterword. In 2006, a groundbreaking feature-length film revealed the great mystery of the universe--The Secret--and, later that year, Rhonda Byrne followed with a book that became a worldwide bestseller. Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it. In this book, you'll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life--money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You'll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that's within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life. The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers--men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.… (more)

English (152)  Spanish (8)  German (2)  Portuguese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  Arabic (1)  Finnish (1)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (169)
Autoayuda barata ( )
  Alvaritogn | Jul 1, 2022 |
  archivomorero | Jun 28, 2022 |
  archivomorero | Jun 25, 2022 |
I loved it. It took me a while to get around to reading this because so many people were talking about it (good and bad) and I just didn't want to get caught up with the hype. Now that I've read it, I can say that I understand where the more cynical people were just like - nah- but I think that if taken with a grain of salt, this book actually has very valid points and can make a positive impact in one's outlook. ( )
  SavoirFaerie | Jun 18, 2022 |
Synopsis: Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it.

In this book, you'll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life -- money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You'll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that's within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.

The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers -- men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.

Review: The Secret is truly the most outstanding book to date that we have published. I am so pleased that Rhonda Byrne was able to bring together this life-changing information so masterfully. She first did it for the movie of the same name that she produced, which has been a phenomenon in its own right. She then added, in only ones month's time, incredible additional content to the transcript of the film that brings even more clarity to the reader. This is absolutely a book that people from all walks of life can read and then 'get' the concept of The Secret. It allows them to then take it and apply it to their lives. Children, teenagers and adults of all ages are reporting miraculous stories of positive changes as a result. Rhonda Byrne is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of The Secret and to making sure that now, finally, the whole world knows about The Secret. You will want to share this with your friends and family and they will be grateful for it. This book gives hope for what many have been waiting for-- a shift in the way the world thinks. Its a very exciting time that we are living in, and I as well as everyone at Beyond Words and Atria Books are grateful to be a part of it.

--Cynthia Black, President, Beyond Words Publishing

You don't need this book. You already know everything you need to know to be wise and prosperous. It's already inside of you. Everyone is looking for some magic formula which will allow them to be happy and successful. We all believe that there is some 'secret of life' that we need to plug into, and then our fears and angst will disappear and we will glide effortlessly through the cosmos into blissful well-being.

Well, look no further. I am going to reveal to you the Ultimate Secret, and it is not going to cost you a penny! Are you ready? Here it is: The secret of life is... that THERE IS NO SECRET!

It sounds like pablum doesn't it? But only about 5% of the people who read this are going to understand it and believe it. I challenge you to embrace this thought and analyze it. Take it to its logical conclusion, and when you can truly accept this wisdom, you will be able to shed your fears and angst. You may not reach a point where you feel that you are gliding effortlessly through the cosmos, but you will be well on the path toward that utopia. And you will resonate with a happiness you never before thought possible.

I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction. And I am a devout believer that we are all exactly where we are supposed to be. We truly do create our own destiny. We are always at a place which has been created by the sum total of our thoughts and actions to this point in time. I will take this dictum a step further: We are all exactly where we WANT to be!

You say, 'But I want to be a medical doctor, and I am not there!' I answer, 'You would be there if you had taken the appropriate actions and trained your thinking to be there. You would have studied what you needed in school to prepare yourself for college and then medical school -- if you truly wanted to be a doctor.'

You say, 'But I wanted to be a professional basketball player!' I answer, 'If you truly wanted that, you would have spent all your waking hours practicing dribbling, passing, shooting, and studying court and team dynamics.'

You see, its really that simple. There is no secret other than focusing on a goal and then doing what it takes to get there. Most of us, however, find it far too easy to be lazy and then believe the excuses that we provide for ourselves.

No, you don't need this book. It's philosophy can be summed up quite robustly in one, simple, Biblical phrase: 'As ye sow, so shall ye reap.' This is the Law of Attraction, and it truly works. It's not magic and it's not a secret. It is a universal, irrefutable, and immutable principle. If you bequeath peace and harmony to those around you, you will recieve peace and harmony. If you disseminate good will and love, you will be blessed with good will and love. If, however, you emanate ill-will and a cynical attitude, that is what you will receive from the world.

No, you don't need this book... but I highly recommend it. You see, as simple as it is to get what we want out of life, we have to overcome all of our past conditioning, all of our negativiy, and all of the bad habits we have spent a lifetime to form. It's very simple, but it is anything but easy! This book will help you to condition your toughts to break your inertia and get rid of bad habits of thought.

Start with this book as your point of departure into a new conciousness, a new awareness, and a new philosophy of life. Then read some of the other excellent books which other reviewers have recommended. You will find that it is easier to be a benfactor than a burden. Offer the best of yourself to the world, and then prepare yourself to receive in abundance!-Ralph Alderson

Contents

The secret to you
The secret to life
Biographies
  AikiBib | May 29, 2022 |
“The Secret” is not really a book but a series of misquotations from historical figures and fraudulent maxims from no-count hucksters. And yet something in that gooey red waxy seal on the front of “The Secret,” and the book’s believe-in-magic glitter, takes me to a happy place.

As above, so below.
As within, so without.

The Emerald Tablet, circa 3000 BC
Dedicated to You

May The Secret bring you love and
joy for your entire existence.

That is my intention for you,
and for the world.
A year ago, my life had collapsed around me.
The most common thought that people hold [about fat], and I held it too, is that food was responsible for my weight gain. That is a belief that does not serve you, and in my mind now it is complete balderdash! Food is not responsible for putting on weight. It is your thought that food is responsible for putting on weight that actually has food put on weight.
If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them, but immediately switch your mind to the picture of you in your perfect body and feel it.
This is the book; do not combine with the documentary film.

Beyond Words Publishing

6 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1582701709, 074356619X, 1582701962, 0743571789, 158270208X, 1582702160

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,559,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible