HomeGroupsTalkMoreZeitgeist
Search Site
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Loading...

The Secret (2006)

by Rhonda Byrne

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
5,8841571,295 (3.22)109
"In this audiobook you will discover The Secret-- and you will learn how to have, do, or be anything you want"--Container.
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 109 mentions

English (141)  Spanish (7)  German (2)  Portuguese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  Arabic (1)  Finnish (1)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (157)
Showing 1-5 of 141 (next | show all)
Painfully repetitive, extremely shallow book with distracting useless pictures... basically the whole premise is “think happy, be happy” but sorry, life is not that simple.. great book for those who have a wobbly table, use it to hold up one of the legs to level it out.. ( )
  sjh4255 | May 4, 2021 |
Ndër shekuj me radhë, në gojëdhëna, libra, besime dhe filozofi janë zbuluar copëza të një Sekreti të Madh. Ky Sekret shekullor është kuptuar nga disa prej njerëzve më të mirënjohur në histori: Platoni, Galilei, Bet’hoveni, Edisoni, Karnegi, Ajnshtajni – bashkë me disa shpikës të tjerë, teologë, shkencëtarë, dhe mendimtarë të mëdhenj. Tani Sekreti po i zbulohet botës.

Për herë të parë, të gjitha pjesët e sekretit bashkohen në një zbulim të pabesueshëm, që do t’ia transformojë jetën gjithkujt që do ta përjetojë.

Në këtë libër do të mësoni si ta përdorni sekretin në çdo aspekt të jetës – me paratë, pasurinë, lidhjet, lumturinë dhe në çdo ndërveprim që keni në botë.

Sekreti përmban mençuri nga mësuesit e ditëve moderne – burra e gra që e kanë përdorur për të pasur shëndet të mirë, pasuri dhe lumturi. Duke përdorur njohuritë e sekretit, ata nxjerrin në dritë histori mahnitëse për mënyrën si zhduken sëmundjet, si fitohen pasuritë e mëdha, si kalohen pengesat dhe si arrihen gjërat që shumëkush i cilëson si të pamundura.
  BibliotekaFeniks | Mar 15, 2021 |
Possibly the worst book I have read, completely pointless.
The whole thing could be resumed in 1 sentence: believe in yourself.
There, you know all this book tells you, now go do something better with your time... ( )
  tiagodll | Feb 8, 2021 |
This book is both insipid and unnecessary. Got about 8 pages into it(which, by the way, is way more than you'll need to concede this point.). The hype has been simply that, and I'm disheartened by my foolishly wasted curiosity. About the only thing stimulating here is the packaging. Very nice..now only if the book was a tenth as creative... ( )
  CurioCollective | Jun 25, 2020 |
The Secret is a self-help book regarding the power of positive thinking by Rhonda Byrne. The book suggests the notion that like attracts the like, which means if you emit positive energy, it will be very beneficial because you will attract positive things to you. Byrne proposed that positive thinking magnets positive outcomes. (taken from Rakuten Kobo)
This review has been flagged by multiple users as abuse of the terms of service and is no longer displayed (show).
  JohnSynnott | Mar 7, 2020 |
Showing 1-5 of 141 (next | show all)
“The Secret” is not really a book but a series of misquotations from historical figures and fraudulent maxims from no-count hucksters. And yet something in that gooey red waxy seal on the front of “The Secret,” and the book’s believe-in-magic glitter, takes me to a happy place.
 
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
As above, so below.
As within, so without.

The Emerald Tablet, circa 3000 BC
Dedication
Dedicated to You

May The Secret bring you love and
joy for your entire existence.

That is my intention for you,
and for the world.
First words
A year ago, my life had collapsed around me.
Quotations
The most common thought that people hold [about fat], and I held it too, is that food was responsible for my weight gain. That is a belief that does not serve you, and in my mind now it is complete balderdash! Food is not responsible for putting on weight. It is your thought that food is responsible for putting on weight that actually has food put on weight.
If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them, but immediately switch your mind to the picture of you in your perfect body and feel it.
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
This is the book; do not combine with the documentary film.
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS
"In this audiobook you will discover The Secret-- and you will learn how to have, do, or be anything you want"--Container.

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.22)
0.5 34
1 138
1.5 10
2 148
2.5 22
3 256
3.5 33
4 254
4.5 9
5 251

Beyond Words Publishing

6 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1582701709, 074356619X, 1582701962, 0743571789, 158270208X, 1582702160

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

» Publisher information page

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,249,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible