A Summary of Christian Doctrine by Louis…

A Summary of Christian Doctrine

by Louis Berkhof

Recently added bymemtigers1977, LifepointBC, ERCLibrary, private library, LibraryCTC, TeamEllis

Too short, full of dogmatic statements without explanation. The writing is poor. I have heard that his fuller treatment is much better, and so I suppose this is meant as simply a handy reference. It's one positive is that it does point out the issues involved in each area of doctrine. So as a jumping off point, it serves a useful purpose. However, it should not be used to find definitive answers. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
hard cover
  rchase | Jun 26, 2010 |
Needless to say I am cast into the outer darkness of pelagians, rationalists, deists and pantheists as thinking that general revelation ( God as revealed in the facts forces and laws of nature etc) is sufficient rather then the need for special revelation as embodied in the bible. And I keep company with the ebionities of the early church as well as contemporary Unitarians as stressing that Jesus was a man alone. But then I am a dissenter to the Nicene Creed so no hope for me.

Clearly not the purpose of the book but it gives you a clear starting point of why you differ or agree with mainstream opinion! ( )
  ablueidol | Nov 11, 2006 |
read for university and not touched since ( )
  vicarofdibley | Sep 4, 2006 |
Information from the Lithuanian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,550,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible