HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Love is Blind

by Lynsay Sands

Blind without her glasses, Lady Clarissa Crambray catches the eye of scarred Napoleonic war veteran Adrian Montfort, Earl of Mowbray, who views her as a the perfect candidate for becoming his wife.
Recently added bywenzeb, ShleeDawn475, BookHavenAZ, private library, msteva, Kitti_foil

Clarissa needs glasses! This sets up the plot and some the humour of the tale. It WAS silly, but it is diversionary for sure. Adrian, Earl of Mowbray, is a sincere suitor, and at least he sees beyond the silliness. ( )
  Okies | Aug 7, 2022 |
Cute, funny, fluffy read. ( )
  ChelseaVK | Aug 2, 2022 |
The premise of this historical romance is that the 'evil stepmother' won't let the heroine wear her glasses so she's effectively blind. This leads to many mishaps as she mistakes gentlemen's laps for tea trays, and you get the idea. Adrian is the only gentleman to see past Clarissa's issues but then he has problems of his own that Clarissa's vision troubles alleviate. It's a sweet story with an unfortunate side plot of someone trying to hurt Clarissa that didn't work for me. It's still a good book, but I thought it might have been better without the murder attempts. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jan 3, 2022 |
The characters are not all that bright, and the plot was transparently predictable. But, it did make me chuckle quite a few times ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
I wanted to like this book more, but it took me forever to finish. I think it was a combination of the writing style (when someone uses "'tis" so much, it seems forced), the characters' stupidity, and the lack of substance. Another thing that irked me was Sands's lack of continuity at times. Sometimes Clarissa could see people's expressions from across the room without her glasses, while other times she couldn't see anything if it weren't right in front of her face. I mean, it was nice, yes, but that was about it. The culprit for Clarissa's "accidents" was obvious from the beginning, but apparently only to me and not to the characters. I didn't really have any motivation to read it, and I even considered abandoning it with only 111 pages left. Ah, well.

Read the review on my blog here. ( )
1 vote littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |

He’d been warned that Lady Clarissa Crambray was dangerous. Stomping on toes and burning piffles, the chestnut haired beauty was clearly a force with which to be reckoned. But for Adrian Montfort, Earl of Mowbray, veteran of the Napoleonic wars, this was just the challenge he needed. He could handle one woman and her “unfortunate past”. Could any woman handle him?

Lady Clarissa Crambray wanted a husband, but maybe not as much as her mother wanted tone for her. Really! Doffing her spectacles might make a girl prettier, but how would she see? She’d already caused enough mayhem to earn a rather horrible nickname. Yet, as all other suitors seemed to shy away in terror, there came a man to lead her to the dance floor. A dark, handsome blur of a man.

Clumsy Clarissa was about to stumble onto true love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,980,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible