Robert the Rose Horse (1962)

by Joan Heilbroner

Other authors: P. D. Eastman (Illustrator)

Robert has a terrible time with roses. Every time he smells one he sneezes, and every time he sneezes children everywhere laugh.

others in CLAN by her look interesting, too... back in the day, or, for ppl who personally identify, this could seem special...

(Read in The Big Red Book of Beginner Books.) ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
A good early reader about the sympathetic Robert the Rose Horse. My five year old is sensitive, so I was watching him very carefully for reactions to the harsher elements of the story: separation from your parents, loosing your nice job, coming across bad guy robbers, etc. He held it together although I could tell he was touched by the story. We just made sure to flip the pages quick enough to discover the good outcomes. All in all a good, eventful story with a happy ending. It's a bit long for a beginner reader, but there's plenty of repetition and overall it's an easy read. It's a memorable story to read again at some point. ( )
  Fjola | Oct 16, 2013 |
This was one of my favorites as a child. I don't know exactly why, as an adult I can see the humor; but I remember it being much better as a child. ( )
1 vote mynenni | Mar 6, 2008 |

Joan Heilbronerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eastman, P. D.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Robert was a happy little horse.

Robert is a horse who loves roses and lives on a rose farm. But there is a problem - roses make Robert sneeze! He goes to the city to get away from roses and loses job after job after roses keep popping up everywhere.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,580,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible