Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch

Broken Homes

by Ben Aaronovitch

Series: Rivers of London (4), Peter Grant (4)

My name is Peter Grant, and I'm a keeper of the secret flame. Truth be told, there's a lot I still don't know. My superior Nightingale is trying to teach me proper schooling for a magician's apprentice. But even he doesn't have all the answers. A mutilated body in Crawley means another murderer is on the loose. But then I get word of something very odd happening in Elephant and Castle. Just the typical day for a magician constable.… (more)
Recently added byDavidEves, private library, dkaine, TonyAnderson, ShaggyJoe, quantumamy, erikschreppel
    London Falling by Paul Cornell (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Police in London who work in solving supernatural crime

English (81)  Dutch (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (83)
The latest PC Peter Grant book or I guess they're called Rivers of London. This might be my favorite book in the series so far. A housing block in London is being used as a "magical battery" and the bad guy plans to destroy it and take the power. Pretty good twist at the end as well. ( )
  erroneous-wolf-man | Aug 24, 2019 |
Great fun, as always, with a magnificently ruthless twist of the plot-screw towards the close of the book. (I am simultaneously delighted and devastated, which is always the best.) I continue to really enjoy the blithe and cynical voice of these books, with the passing references and offhand asides that leave me in stitches of laughter, working smoothly together to always advance a complex plot with interesting core ideas. (The architectural mystery at the centre of this book was always intriguing to me.)

Double-great to see Nightingale bad-ass all over the scenery. Booyah. ( )
  cupiscent | Aug 3, 2019 |
Excellent ( )
  Colette_Miranda | Jul 29, 2019 |
I did not see that coming. ( )
  untitled841 | Jul 24, 2019 |
I am a total fan of Ben Aaronovitch. His books make me laugh. They interesting, engaging and totally wacko. ( )
  yhgail | Feb 20, 2019 |

Aaronovitch, Benprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holdbrook-Smith, KobnaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Knowles, PatrickCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walter, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The problem of the house is a problem of the epoch. The equilibrium of society today depends upon it. Architecture has for its first duty, in this period of renewal, that of bringing about a revision of values, a revision of the constituent elements of the house. We must create the mass production spirit.

Charles-Edouard Jeanneret (Le Corbusier)
This book is dedicated to all the people who get up and do something about it, whatever "it" is and however small the thing it is that they do.
At twenty-three minutes past eleven Robert Weil drove his 53 registered Volvo V70 across the bridge that links Pease Pottage, the improbably named English village, with Pease Pottage, the motorway service station.

Murder by magic
Peter goes undercover
Watch the Faceless Man!
(passion4reading)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,946,270 books! | Top bar: Always visible