Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a…

Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul (2005)

by John Eldredge, Stasi Eldredge

Not truly a selfhelp because they are both Christians. It looks at the unique problems that a woman must deal with, mostly of the psychological and emotional variety. Made me glad I wasn’t a woman. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is just as bad as the male version "Wild at Heart"

"The message of "Captivating" is this: Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation. The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you still feel are telling you of the life God created you to live. He offers to rescue your heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman. A woman who is truly captivating."

This quote from the summary says it all really. I don't agree with any of it and this is definitely not what the Bible teaches... ( )
  sparkleandchico | Aug 31, 2016 |
Life changing. ( )
  SnowBookHollow | Apr 13, 2016 |
This book brought up so many new ideas for me, I couldn't put it down. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
This book brought a sense of worthiness, which had been missing in my life. It made me feel good about being a woman, but in a holy sense. I realize the beauty of the creation of women and the significant role through God's order. I'm glad it brought clarity and helped the image of who I am. ( )
  hamiltonpam | Jan 12, 2015 |

Eldredge, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eldredge, Stasimain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sometimes it's hard to be a woman.
- Tammy Wynette

(Chapter One)
He saw that Fatima's eyes were filled with tears.
"You're crying?"
"I'm a woman of the desert," she said, averting her face.
"But above all, I'm a woman."
- Paulo Coelho

(Chapter One)
You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free.
- Tom Petty

(Chapter One)

To the captivating women we are blessed to call our friends.
Let's do it."
Do not combine with the 2010 revised and updated edition.

Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds in her heart her most precious dreams. She longs to be swept up into a romance, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, to be the Beauty of the story. And yet―how many women do you know who ever find that life?

Most women think they have to settle for a life of efficiency and duty, striving to be the women they "ought" to be but often feeling they have failed. Sadly, too many messages for Christian women add to the pressure. "Do these ten things, and you will be a godly woman." The effect has not been good on the feminine soul.

The message of Captivating is this: Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation. The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you still feel are telling you of the life God created you to live. He offers to rescue your heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman. A woman who is truly captivating.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:18 -0400)

Why do little girls love to dress up in twirling skirts? Why do they dream of a day their prince will come and together they will live in a great adventure? Because that is the heart God set within every woman. That is the role she was created to play-to be a valiant and beautiful woman whose life changes the world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,765,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible