Police (2013)

by Jo Nesbo

Series: Harry Hole (10)

The police urgently need Harry Hole . . . A killer is stalking Oslo's streets. Police officers are being slain at the scenes of crimes they once investigated but failed to solve. The murders are brutal, the media reaction hysterical. But this time, Harry can't help. For years, detective Harry Hole has been at the center of every major criminal investigation in Oslo. His dedication to his job and his brilliant insights have saved the lives of countless people. But now, with those he loves most facing terrible danger, Harry is not in a position to protect anyone--least of all himself.… (more)

English (69)  German (2)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (2)  Danish (1)  Finnish (1)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (79)
I bought this book more than a year ago and have been holding myself from reading it because it'll be over if I read it, won't it? Then, I couldn't resist it anymore, and here I am, already feeling sad that it's over. This complex, multi-layered thriller kept me awake late in the nights and made me late for the office the past few days, not to mention making me absent-minded. In spite of my few complaints about it being a bit too complicated - with many false leads and references to the previous one in the series, a deliberate plot hole that may be exploited in a later novel and the gruesome murder of a character that I had started to like a lot, I enjoyed it very much, and would love to read the entire series in proper sequence some day. ( )
  aravind_aar | Nov 21, 2021 |
Reading instead of sleeping probably wasn't a smart choice, but I just couldn't put it down. ( )
  Septima | Aug 21, 2021 |
This was in interesting crime story with a few twists and turns to keep you engaged. The only downside for me was that I listened to the book in audiobook format instead of reading it in its print form. The unfamiliar Scandinavian names, when heard vs. when seen in print, made it harder for me to retain and remember which character was which, and it took a little longer than desired to get all the characters straightened out in my mind. With unfamiliar names, the print versions works much better, at least for me. ( )
  rsutto22 | Jul 15, 2021 |
Police officers in Oslo are being brutally slain at the scenes of the crimes they once investigated but failed to solve. As the body count rises, the new police chief Mikael Bellman comes under major pressure. Meanwhile, Harry Hole's old team tries to solve the case without him as he was killed at the end of the last novel. Nesbo does a superb job of misdirection throughout the book, hiding the identity of the mastermind killer and the killed, as the team itself comes under assault -- physical and legal. Well done.
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
My first from this series, and it was a good introduction. I liked both the characters and the plot. Didn't mind the gimmicks. ( )
  breic | Jun 24, 2021 |

Nesbo, Joprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Barratt, SeanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bartlett, DonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zimnicka, IwonaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Knut Nesbø, football player, guitarist, pal, brother.
He was asleep in there, behind the door.
Den sov därinne, bakom dörren.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,632,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible