The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison

The Undead Pool

by Kim Harrison

Fabulous! Wonderful! The best one yet. Rachel has to figure out why the undead are sleeping and the Mystics are attracted to her, as all hell is breaking loose around her, and just maybe find a little happiness for herself.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
More like a 3.5. Was disappointed in some of the character progressions, they didn't seem to mesh well with what happened at the end of the last book to me. Perhaps it will make more sense after the last book. ( )
  themjrawr | Dec 1, 2017 |
Kim Harrison and this series is on my top 3 list of all favorite series! I love it and I loved this book as well... but this one...something finally happens...that we all have been waiting for since the beginning of the series... SUPER THUMBS UP! And Rachel...she has to be one of my favorite characters ever... and Jenks ofc! Love! ( )
  Wasabiishot | May 9, 2017 |
The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12) by Kim Harrison continues with another winning book in the Hollows series. I love the interaction between vamps, elves, demons, were, humans, and more. In this book, many things are going on but the many thing is a magic attack in not only attacking the city but tracking Rachel. Something is putting the master vampires to sleep...Rachel is feeling more for Trenton....ah...I love these books! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Apr 29, 2017 |
Note: some of this probably doesn't qualify as a review specific to this book so much as a commendation of Kim Harrison's writing throughout this long series.

I really don't know how Kim Harrison does it. Whereas the majority of authors who have 10 books in a series lose me when their characters fall into the "unbeatable, god-like character" trope, (i.e.: the Anita Blake series by [a:Laurel K. Hamilton|9550|Laurell K. Hamilton|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1352276598p2/9550.jpg]) Harrison manages to not only make me want to keep reading every book that comes out, but the scenarios Rachel finds herself in are justifiable and her growing cache of abilities that make her able to survive are (particularly in this book) intelligible. I absolutely love that Harrison hasn't made Rachel out to be one of those annoying characters that are illogically invincible.

Though Rachel has survived a great deal of seemingly impossible scenarios, this book not only hints at how all that has been possible, but also sets up some long-standing plots to be brought to a satisfying conclusion. Without spoiling anything, the ending of The Undead Pool really explains a great deal about certain demons and addresses some foreshadowing that has been present throughout the series - with multiple characters.

Rachel Morgan is far from being one of my favorite characters (mainly because sometimes her "voice" - and decisions - can be really annoying) but one thing is certain: I am a fan of Kim Harrison's ability to write a great series with diverse, multi-dimensional characters. So, I guess this is just me standing in awe, finally acknowledging Kim Harrison's foresight throughout the series (though, of course, she may just be making it up as she goes along from book to book, but until that's proven, I'm commending her planning). I can't wait to buy and read the final version. ( )
  ItEntertainsMe | Oct 4, 2016 |
To the man who knows what makes the perfect date night
How does the man make checkered shirts and pastels look good?

Supernatural superhero Rachel Morgan must counter a strange magic that could spell civil war for the Hollows.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,745,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible