Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson

Shadows of Self

by Brandon Sanderson

Series: Mistborn (5), Mistborn Adventures (2), Cosmere (12)

English (34)  German (1)  All languages (35)
Brandon Sanderson does it again! Not the best in the entire series, very very very enjoyable. ( )
  Vulco1 | Oct 12, 2018 |
It's a fun story with everything that you expect from the Wax and Wayne series. For me, it was a nice diversion for a week and a half during my morning and afternoon commutes. It won't change my life and I'll soon forget about it. I immediately picked up Band of Mourning so I can finish off the series so far and then move on to something more intellectual or classical. ( )
  cadaeibfed | Jun 3, 2018 |
Ugh, that ending! Heart-wrenching! ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 7, 2018 |
Not the strongest from the series... but good. ( )
  josh513 | Feb 3, 2018 |
It always feels so good to read about Wax and Wayne. I love them as characters, and I love being in the world of the Mistborn. Brandon Sanderson does such a good job of creating this world that feels like home, and that just consumes you. I love how he throws in little easter eggs from the previous trilogy and how things are connected in this new alloy era. This book took a turn I wasn't expecting, but it was really good. I kind of wished we got to get to know Steris better, but maybe we'll see some more development in later books. ( )
  jdifelice | Jan 20, 2018 |

McSweeney, BenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, IsaacIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Moshe Feder

Who took a chance on me
Waxillium Ladrian, lawman for hire, swung off his horse and turned to face the saloon.

"The #1 New York Times bestselling author returns to the world of Mistborn with his first novel in the series since The Alloy of Law. With The Alloy of Law, Brandon Sanderson surprised readers with a New York Times bestselling spinoff of his Mistborn books, set after the action of the trilogy, in a period corresponding to late 19th-century America.The trilogy's heroes are now figures of myth and legend, even objects of religious veneration. They are succeeded by wonderful new characters, chief among them Waxillium Ladrian, known as Wax, hereditary Lord of House Ladrian but also, until recently, a lawman in the ungoverned frontier region known as the Roughs. There he worked with his eccentric but effective buddy, Wayne. They are "twinborn," meaning they are able to use both Allomantic and Feruchemical magic. Shadows of Self shows Mistborn's society evolving as technology and magic mix, the economy grows, democracy contends with corruption, and religion becomes a growing cultural force, with four faiths competing for converts. This bustling, optimistic, but still shaky society now faces its first instance of terrorism, crimes intended to stir up labor strife and religious conflict. Wax and Wayne, assisted by the lovely, brilliant Marasi, must unravel the conspiracy before civil strife stops Scadrial's progress in its tracks. Shadows of Self will give fans of The Alloy of Law everything they've been hoping for and, this being a Brandon Sanderson book, more, much more"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,820,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible