Mitosis (2014)

by Brandon Sanderson

Series: The Reckoners (Novella)

From New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson's action-packed novel Steelheart comes Mitosis, a short story set in the world of The Reckoners series, exclusively available in the digital format. Epics still plague Newcago, but David and the Reckoners have vowed to fight back. Catch all the action before, Firefight, the exciting sequel to Steelheart, hits shelves in fall 2014.… (more)
    Warcross by Marie Lu (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Warcross is based in a different world, kind of like Mitosis

English (41)  Dutch (1)  All languages (42)
I'm not sure if this is even big enough to classify as a novella, but it was still very enjoyable - just a little return to the Reckoners universe. No big life-changing things here, just a short adventure - "episode" might be a better description. It's good to get a reminder of just how much I enjoyed [b:Steelheart|17182126|Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)|Brandon Sanderson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1357576738s/17182126.jpg|21366540] and now I'm looking forward even moreso to the release of [b:Firefight|15704459|Firefight (Reckoners, #2)|Brandon Sanderson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1413220816s/15704459.jpg|21979689].

Note that this story will make absolutely no sense to anybody that hadn't read Steelheart. ( )
  KrakenTamer | Oct 23, 2021 |
è stato bello tornare a Newcago, anche se solo per un po' ( )
  Sara_Lucario | Oct 19, 2021 |
This short story is a follow up to Steelheart, elaborating on the story with the same characters. I enjoyed where it took the city and the characters after the book left me wanting more. The main villain Mitosis, an epic who can split into multiple versions of himself, serves to both advance the characters and our knowledge of the world -- just what you would want in a short story set in the same universe. ( )
  adamfortuna | May 28, 2021 |
Not sure what the point of this book is. I read it right in between the first and second book in the trilogy and this becomes just a filler. It might as well have been the epilogue of book one or prologue of book two. ( )
  bratell | Dec 25, 2020 |
Excellent novella (short story, really) that takes place shortly after Steelheart. If you were a fan of Steelheart, stop reading my review and go read this.....!!! ( )
  spaceman5000 | Jul 23, 2020 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

The Reckoners (Novella)
The day had finally arrived, a day I'd been awaiting for ten years.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,586,861 books! | Top bar: Always visible