My True Love Gave to Me

by Stephanie Perkins (Editor)

Other authors: Holly Black (Contributor), Ally Carter (Contributor), Gayle Forman (Contributor), Jenny Han (Contributor), David Levithan (Contributor)7 more, Kelly Link (Contributor), Myra McEntire (Contributor), Matt de la Pena (Contributor), Stephanie Perkins (Contributor), Rainbow Rowell (Contributor), Laini Taylor (Contributor), Kiersten White (Contributor)

"If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you're going to fall in love with My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by the international bestselling Stephanie Perkins. Whether you enjoy celebrating Christmas or Hanukkah, Winter Solstice or New Years, there's something here for everyone. So curl up by the fireplace and get cozy. You have twelve reasons this season to stay indoors and fall in love"--… (more)

Read:
Midnights, by Rainbow Rowell (95% / 4.75 stars)
The Girl Who Woke The Dreamer, by Laini Taylor (98% / 4.9 stars)
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
Aside from one story (the fox one) I LOVED THIS BOOK, I might read it again at christmas time, some great contemporaries - some great storylines, Ally Carter broke my heart and made me weepy, damn books - seriously the fox one did nothing for me, I was so confused the whole time I read it, it ended up adorable but still, could have done without it - I, of course, loved the Rowell story too being one of my top authors! ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
Some of these stories were amazing, some were a little gratuitous in their attempt to encounter social problems and deviant teen behavior (drinking, smoking, etc). Those stories that tried this often failed to show resolution- I mean, I understand that the real world doesn't fix itself, but I thought the stories didn't really should how the characters learned to live with their problems. Not as warm-and-fuzzy as I'd expect from a holiday anthology. ( )

Perkins, StephanieEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Black, HollyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carter, AllyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Forman, GayleContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Han, JennyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levithan, DavidContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Link, KellyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McEntire, MyraContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pena, Matt de laContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Perkins, StephanieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McManus, ShannonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Quan, SamanthaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rubin, DustinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, JuliaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend and true love
It was cold out on the patio, under the deck.
This anthology contains the following short stories:

Midnights / Rainbow Rowell

What the hell have you done, Sophie Roth? / Gayle Forman

Beer buckets and baby Jesus / Myra McEntire

Welcome to Christmas, CA / Kiersten White

Star of Bethlehem / Ally Carter

The girl who woke the dreamer / Laini Taylor.

contains:
Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire;
Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White;
Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter;
The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,235,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible