The Revenge of Seven

by Pittacus Lore

The Garde, broken and divided, discover that the Mogadorians have commenced their ultimate invasion plans and will stop at nothing to thwart it.

The Lorian have all come together and are now battling for their future.
I love these books. ( )
  amoderndaybelle | May 27, 2021 |
Surprising twists with characters, can't wait till the next book comes out! ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
If your kind of book is an action packed, science fiction one, then you'll love this book. I sure know that i did. "The Revenge of Seven" is an incredible book by Pittacus Lore (whoever he is), and is a great fit in the "I Am Number Four" series. Even though this book closely continues where "The Fall of Five" left off, it will not take too much effort to understand the plot and form a connection with most of the characters. The book follows the perspective of three of the Loric Garde, John, Six, and Ella, as they try to recover from the surprise Mogadorian attack on them in the previous book. However, the Garde are forced to separate into two groups in order to cover all possible ways to defeat Setrakus Ra and the Mogadorians. While one heads to New York in an attempt to dismantle Setrakus Ra's efforts for an easy invasion on Earth. The way that the author developed the storyline also made me deeply enjoy this novel. He definitely used very descriptive vocabulary to help readers see Earth from the Loric's point of view, with the Mogadorians as monsters that are trying to kill kids and exterminate an entire species. This really helped me in trying to assimilate the p[lot of the entire "I Am Number Four" series, having only read two books prior to reading this one. I also really enjoyed the fact that the story is told from three different points of view, allowing for the reader to know things that even some of the other characters don't. This adds to the already large amount of suspense, leaving us wondering whether or not the characters will discover this valuable piece of knowledge that we have. Despite how much I liked this book, I rate it with 4.5 stars out of five, as there are a few parts that are confusing, and the ending, although I enjoy the sense of mystery that it generates, was left seeking the next book in the series, "The Fate of Ten", without the opportunity of acquiring it easily. I still loved this book, and anyone who is into science fiction, aliens, or just wants to read a young adult book will definitely enjoy it, and even if none of these are your favorite, I am sure that you will grow to love this series, with its amazing storyline and its relatable characters, and I sincerely encourage anyone to give this series a try. ( )
  Kevin_Galan | Feb 13, 2020 |
Another Lorien Legacy book down. I'm already almost done with the next one as I write this. There's still a few good twists and turns to not make it completely formulaic, but since it's not a labor of love by the author (who's not allowed to take credit) it's no great work of literature and there's definitely a carelessness to the work.

Still, fun summer read. Not much heavy lifting for the brain on these! ( )
  Sean191 | Aug 5, 2019 |
I used to wait for the books to be released and very eagerly begin reading them. This was the first book I did not rush to, and I'm not sure if it's because I was too busy or too disinterested. At the time, busy seemed to be the answer (I started graduate school the same week the book was released), now I'm not so sure.

I can say for certain that I am not a fan of the audiobooks and I will be returning to my trusty friend the hardcover version. I couldn't get a good picture of the action from this book and I am not sure if it's because of how it was told- I definitely have a different "voice" in my head than the audiobook- or if it was because of the writing. Either way, thus far this has been my least favorite book of the series. ( )
  startwithgivens | Mar 21, 2018 |
The nightmare is over.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,290,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible