dismiss

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! (2003)

by Mo Willems

Series: The Pigeon (2)

When a bus driver takes a break from his route, a very unlikely volunteer springs up to take his place.

English (470)  Spanish (1)  All languages (471)
This book is a great book to read with preschoolers. It follows a pigeon who really wants to leave the bus. After reading a page or two I have the children help me read. So, when the pigeon asks to drive the bus the kids will yell, “NO!” ( )
  KelseyNicole12 | Jun 14, 2020 |
I don't normally read kid's books. But a coworker, who does programs for kids, recommended it and I have ho admit, her reading it aloud made it funnier. I enjoyed it. ( )
  book_lady15 | Apr 3, 2020 |
This was my little brother's favorite book growing up and has become one of mine. The pigeon begs, yells, and whines to drive the bus, and the reader has to tell him no. This book is great for students who have trouble focusing since it is interactive and funny. ( )
  ebrossette | Mar 29, 2020 |
I did not really enjoy this book like I thought I would. It had a good and cute cover. The storyline is entertaining for children so I would recommend it to people as just a free read a teacher has with the children. The book was just about the the bus driver, putting the reader in charge of not letting the pigeon drive the bus. So a good thing about this read was that in a way it engages the children the book is be read to. At least for kids in kindergarten, the younger ages would find it more entertaining to be a part of the book. It was a very easy read and there were colorful pictures as well. Overall I personally didn't like it but I know it would be a good read for the kids. ( )
  dmonta4 | Mar 27, 2020 |
I really enjoyed this funny and engaging story about a talking pigeon that wants to drive a bus. I think that this book is really engaging because the reader is given a job and responsibility to keep the pigeon from driving the bus! It's almost as if the person reading the book is creating their own responses as the story is going! This would make for a very fun and interactive classroom read aloud! It would also provide a great teaching moment for the use of thought and speaking bubbles since the words in the book telling the story are written using this format! ( )
  ashewert | Mar 26, 2020 |

The pigeon dreams of driving a bus, but the bus driver enlists the reader to keep the pigeon out of the driver’s seat. The book progresses as the pigeon wheedles and readers get to say, “No!” – putting the children in the driver’s seat themselves. Other books include Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! (a bedtime book that gets loud in the middle and gradually quieter/darker) and The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog (not as good, IMO, dealing with sharing when a duckling wants the pigeon’s coveted hot dog). These books address issues of power and necessity at a preschool level, as well as being hilariously written and engagingly illustrated in a comic-book style.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,977,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible