Time Salvager

by Wesley Chu

Series: Time trilogy (1)

"Convicted criminal James Griffin-Mars is no one's hero. In his time, Earth is a toxic, abandoned world, and humans have fled into the outer solar system to survive, eking out a fragile, doomed existence among the other planets and their moons. Those responsible for delaying humanity's demise believe time travel holds the key, and they have identified James, troubled though he is, as one of a select and expendable few ideally suited for the most dangerous job in history"--Amazon.com.… (more)

Pretty good and I think I'll get the next book to read but overall it wasn't over the top blow your mind amazing. Great as a late night sci-fi read if you're taking a break from bigger stuff. ( )
  levlazarev | Oct 18, 2023 |
It's a good book with enough action to satiate my action-needs.

However, I didn't know it was the first in a series. Finding out at the end was a huge let-down. ( )
  Tom_Wright | Oct 11, 2023 |
This is not a good book. Great premise, lousy execution. One dimensional characters, choppy writing, hackneyed dialogue. The science behind time travel is never addressed in any detail. I finished the book but I'm not sure why. I'd read something else if this is on your to read list. After I read this review, I wonder if I should change my rating to one star. Well, the time travel is worth a star I guess. ( )
  Maryjane75 | Sep 30, 2023 |
There's a lot of pretty good stuff here--good characters and world building, which are important--but the line of the story wandered around a lot. And I am never happy with a book that doesn't conclude a story, but rather sets up a series without resolving any of the issues. ( )
  JudyGibson | Jan 26, 2023 |
Whoof, not good. Poorly written, dumb ideas.

Chicago Nerds discussion notes: http://positronchicago.blogspot.com/2016/02/chicago-nerds-time-salvager.html ( )
  jakecasella | Sep 21, 2020 |

Chu, Wesleyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Anderson, RichardCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To my grandparents and those who came before me
A sliver of light cut through the void, shooting toward the center of the battle display. Every soul on the bridge, breaths collectively held, eyed its path as it streaked across space. The room was dead quiet, except for the droning voice counting down to the point of impact. An explosion the size of a thumbnail blinked and flowered to fill half the display, then darkened again.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,681,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible