Tempting Evil

by Keri Arthur

1,2522011,891 (3.83)33
In a world of sorcery and seduction, the nights bring out the beautiful, the damned, and the desired. Here, Riley Jenson is on her own--half werewolf, half vampire, working for an organization created to police the supernatural races. Trusting her superiors and lovers barely more than she trusts her worst enemies, Riley plays by her own set of rules. Her latest mission: to enter the heavily guarded pleasure palace of a criminal named Deshon Starr--a madman-scientist who's been messing around in the gene pool for decades. With two sexy men--a cool, seductive vampire and an irresistibly hot wolf--vying for her attention, Riley must keep focused. Because saving the world from Deshon Starr will mean saving herself--from the trap that's closing in around her.… (more)
    Dark Gold by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

There's a *lot* of non-con going on in this series. It's somewhat made up for - at least for me, where non-con gets my hackles up - by having a pretty darn decent world build. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Eeep if Kissing Sin was exciting for foreshadowing of the final situation this is even better. There's a hint regarding Quinn, we get to meet Dia, and Riley has officially joined the guardians and is getting sucked into all that means.

This was an exciting read. It took place over a very intense period of time so the action just swept me along (until I found that I'd stayed up a lot later than intended to finish it).

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the rest of the series...soon...hopefully. ( )
  Damiella | Aug 18, 2020 |
It's funny how these books always take me a minute to get into them, but once I do I whip right through the book. It's interesting that one of the biggest enemies of Riley and Co. is taken out, and yet this is a long lasting series, haha but alas there is a nice little zinger at the end, which bodes for a much more evil nemesis than before. This book was filled with alot, alot of things for Riley to do, alot of questionings on many different thing. The one hang up I have on Riley is her need for sex, I understand she's a wolf and is alays needing sex, but still the way this woman desires sex I think is beyond the need for a wolf, and really it's not the sex that bothers me, that's pretty intriguing on it's own, it's her desire to find a wolf mate, she thinks purely wolf when she isn't a pure wolf she's a halfbreed wolf/vamp, so her hang up on the wolf soulmate is kind of far fetched in my opinion, but we shall see how things progress with that in future books. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Listened to audio narrated by Angela Dawe.Riley has begun her Guardian training, something she never wanted to do in order to hunt down those responsible for hunting and experimenting on her, her brother and other non humans. This is an ongoing arc, where some things will get resolved, other story elements are still being worked through. Riley and Quinn are still a work in progress, while others remain in Riley's orbit. Riley is developing new skills, which help her on her undercover mission. Werewolf sensibilities are definitely different than human ones and some of the choices Riley makes and the explicit nature of the book may leave some readers feeling uncomfortable. The ending leaves you thankful for the parts that are resolved and wanting to grab the next book to continue Riley and friends stories.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I surprisingly really enjoyed this one. I think if you were to compare he first book to this one, you would be able to tell that the writing is vastly improving. This one was very organized. Where as the first one not so much. The first two books in he series I had taken as a joke. But in Tempting Evil, it wasn't a joke to me.

What I mean by this, is all of the situations had a real feeling to them. I actually felt sad for Riley at times. Where as the first two didn't have that same feeling of connection to the character. I am definitely going to continue this series, and hope it keeps getting better. ( )
1 vote RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
Training sucked.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,605,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible