Ancillary Mercy

by Ann Leckie

Series: Imperial Radch (3)

"For a moment, things seemed to be under control for Breq, the soldier who used to be a warship. Then a search of Athoek Station's slums turns up someone who shouldn't exist, and a messenger from the mysterious Presger empire arrives, as does Breq's enemy, the divided and quite possibly insane Anaander Mianaai--ruler of an empire at war with itself"--Page 4 of cover.In the stunning conclusion to the Imperial Radch trilogy, a search of Athoek Station's slums turns up someone who shouldn't exist. A messenger from the mysterious Presger empire arrives, as does Breq's enemy, the divided and quite possibly insane Anaander Mianaai, ruler of an empire at war with itself. Breq refuses to flee with her ship and crew, because that would leave the people of Athoek in terrible danger. The odds aren't good, but that's never stopped her before.… (more)
    The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Both are optimistic space operas that focus on the characters and their relationships.

English (116)  French (1)  All languages (117)
Really great conclusion to the aeries. If you loved the first book, you'll love this too. ( )
  Onomatapedalo | May 7, 2022 |
Loved it -- I've loved all the books in this series for different reasons, and this one did not disappoint. I am so intrigued by the portrayal of alien intelligences -- somehow Leckie is just really convincing in her consistent depictions, her unexpected dialogues and her very odd characters. Not Dlique is amazing, and I was surprised and delighted with how things wrapped up. Now all I need are some egg shells, some counters and a live fish.... ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
A lot slower to start than the first two volumes. ( )
  mjduigou | Feb 27, 2022 |

Well I can't say I saw that coming

I hoped for a happy resolution, but expected that Breq would die when she flew to station to surrender. I never expected that she'd declare the two systems a republic or that the Presger Translator Zeiat would intervene.
Even before that happened Zeiat was my favorite character of the series.

kevn57 | Dec 8, 2021 |
Okay, I get it! Not horrible, but turned into a boring soap opera. ( )
  dualmon | Nov 17, 2021 |

Ann Leckieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andoh, AdjoaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Benshoff, KirkCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

One moment asleep.

Spaceship friendships bloom;
Station joins in too, helping;
Thwart the evil Lord.
(pickupsticks)

Ann Leckie is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,643,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible