Bloodcircle

by P. N. Elrod

Series: Vampire Files (3)

P.N. “Pat” Elrod, best known for The Vampire Files and the Jonathan Barrett: Gentleman Vampire series, co-edited Time of the Vampires, and has stories in several other anthologies.  A great fan of Forever Knight, she collaborated with actor Nigel Bennet (LaCroix) on Keeper of the King and His Father’s Son.  She is currently working on a new set of toothy titles and branching into the mystery and science fiction genres.… (more)

#3 in the Vampire Files series. Their on the trail of Maureen and end up at the East coast estate of a wealthy woman. The wealthy woman has a young ward and a vampire gigolo lover. Through numerous twists and turns we learn that the household has a lot of interesting things going on beyond just a vampire butler. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Oct 27, 2019 |
These books just keep getting better and better. Loved this one and still can't get over the ending! Dying to start book 4 now, but my thoughts are now what Jack's gonna do now... :( ( )
  WeeWeegieBookworm | Mar 24, 2018 |
After their adventures in book 2, Fleming and Escott decide to track down the missing vampire, Maureen. Their search takes them to New York and beyond as they try to track her movements of 5 years before. Along the way, they find a mysterious family with many skeletons in the mansion and an ancient vampire with links to Maureen.

I liked this one just as much as the others in the series so far, maybe even a bit more. I am getting to know Fleming and Escott. I also like the time period. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jul 29, 2008 |
Detective-vampire Jack Fleming's quest for the mysterious woman who made him a vampire takes him to the palatial estate of a wealthy widow, where a two-hundred-year-old gigolo tries to throw him off the trail.

From Amazon:
The third novel in the series about Jack Fleming, PI and vampire. In this book in the series, Jack goes searching further for Maureen, and winds up meeting Jonathan Barrett, an almost-200-year-old vampire who has landed a cushy job as a private secretary to a recluse. There are several mysteries surrounding the recluse's family and neighbors. Barrett (who appears as the star in a separate Elrod series) also wants to protect himself, and although he's not evil, his ideas about his own best self-interest conflict with Jack's drive to find out more about Maureen. When we find out some of the solution to the mysteries above, we get an interesting depiction of the fine line between sanity and insanity, expressed in terms before the word sociopath was is everyday vocabulary. ( )
  nealdowns | Dec 28, 2006 |

Belongs to Series

For Ben - The best in the world.
With special thanks to David Murphy, who showed us the Dark Side and how to get through it, and to Paul, Julie, and Christopher Ian, for letting me borrow your name.
"...Then the door opened and there was this crazy-looking blond guy with a shotgun just standing there, grinning at us. Before we could do anything he swung it up and fired right at Braxton."
Tired to the bone, I slumped in the front seat of Shoe Coldfield's big Nash, wedged in between him and my partner, Charles Escott.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,101,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible