Most Wanted (2016)

by Lisa Scottoline

5205140,406 (3.45)5
"Lisa Scottoline delivers another searing, powerful blockbuster novel that explores hot-button issues within the framework of an intricately plotted thriller. When a woman and her husband, desperate for a baby, find themselves unable to conceive, they decide to take further steps. Since it is the husband who is infertile, the heroine decides to use a donor. And all seems to be well. Three months pass and she is happily pregnant. But a shocking revelation occurs when she discovers that a man arrested for a series of brutal murders is her donor - the biological father of the child she is carrying. Delving deeper to uncover the truth, the heroine must face her worst fears, and confront a terrifying truth. Most Wanted is sure to be Lisa Scottoline's most discussed, bestselling novel yet"--… (more)

“If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
― Lisa Scottoline, Most Wanted

Picture this ladies;

What would you do if you went to a Sperm Bank, got a Doner, were happily pregnant and then found out your baby's father could be a serial killer?

That's the premise behind this book. It is by Lisa Scottoline, an author I really dig. She really does come up with some wild premises!

I really enjoyed reading this for a few reasons:

First off, , there isn't a dull moment in the whole book..at least for me there wasn't. I have read a few of Lisa Scottoline's books now and I find I like her style. She certainly knows how to weave an interesting tale.

Second....the concept had me fascinated. And I liked how the tension built.

That being said, I did feel the first half was better then the second as it becomes more about playing detective but some other people may not mind that. I know I have seen some reviews complaining about that. I agree that I really would have preferred the focus to be on the horrible Sperm donor bank who seems like they're stalling on giving out any information. I admit being a bit let down where t he second half chose to wander.

The thing is...it is still riveting. I so wanted to know how t his one would turn out. I do think it is a page turner.

So I did enjoy the whole book very much and would give it a 4. . It was a unique premise and really kept my interest. ( )
  Thebeautifulsea | Aug 7, 2022 |
Ugh. ( )
  Dairyqueen84 | Mar 15, 2022 |
One of the criticisms from the reviews of "Most Wanted" was that it couldn't happen. If that's why you read fiction, don't ever pick up a romance. There are so many other viable issues brought up in this book that I must rush to its defense.

When you don't know the genetic history of your unborn child--which can happen for many reasons, you can't prepare. This is how life used to be. If you adopted a child, before genetics, this is how life used to be.

Now we are used to being prepared for everything. It is not a realistic expectation. We must learn to deal with what is and not what should be. Marcus came to terms with his fatherhood.

There were also many examples of fatherhood in the story. I loved it.

Another thing that I loved about this story is that Christine solves the mystery but is out of her depth and makes mistakes.

That "sperm donor" is still a jerk regardless of how it ended. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
There were a lot of plusses for this book. The premise of the book- Is our sperm donor a serial killer- was definitely original. The research into the infertility industry, anatomy, medical and legal practices was sublime. There were good character descriptions and some great writing. It was a pageturner. Nevertheless the book jangled, because the plot was not credible at all from the beginning. Would a woman, who is newly pregnant after having gone through all the pain that her husband's infertility brings, go on a wild goose chase like Scottoline describes. Would anybody get access to an alleged serial killer a easily as Christine did? Are there not a bit too many coincidences in the book?
My conclusion is that this book is entertaining and well researched, but the plot is too fantastic. I give it three stars, because I ejoyed reading it.

Marietje.Halbertsma | Jan 9, 2022 |
I like this author and most of her books, but this one was pretty stupid. Dialogue banal, main character seemed stupid in her naivete, and plot was unrealistic. ( )
  debfung | Jul 12, 2021 |
The cradle rocks above an abyss...
- Vladimir Nabokov, Speak, Memory
For my amazing daughter, Francesca
Christine Nilsson walked to the closed door with anticipation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,201,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible