Dark Carousel by Christine Feehan

Dark Carousel

by Christine Feehan

"In the new Carpathian novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan, a woman falls prey to the seductive allure of the past--and a vampire warrior's intoxicating embrace ... The moment Charlotte Vintage walks into his club, Tariq Asenguard's blood is set on fire. The ancient Carpathian had given up hope of finding his lifemate, but now he will do anything to make Charlotte his own. What Tariq doesn't know is that Charlotte is using herself and her best friend as bait--to try to draw out the bloodthirsty killers who have already murdered Charlotte's brother and mentor. Charlotte is familiar with Tariq. Not only is he one of the richest and most eligible bachelors in the city, but he's also a renowned collector of old carousel horses, which Charlotte restores. Their shared passion opens Charlotte up to trusting him with her life and with the desire she can no longer control. But it also makes her vulnerable to a centuries-old curse that will unite her and Tariq in a war against the enemies of humans and Carpathians alike.."--… (more)

While still formulatic, I really liked this story and the dynamics between the characters. Tariq is much more humane and less overbearing ass like so many previous Carpathian males have been. Tariq has taken in traumatized children who have been attacked by vampires. He's a caretaker and protector. We learn about several new characters as well, more of the evil experiments the vampires have been up to.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Dark Carousel

The Characters:

Charlotte Vintage
Tariq Asenguard

The Story:

Hmmmm I don’t have a lot to say about this story. I loved that Charlotte and Tariq are forming a family. I would love to see them handle two three year old Carpathian girls. I missed the book before and while it didn’t hinder this story I did feel like there are some things I’ve missed.

I would also say that chronic repetitiveness that I’ve been complaining about with Feehan books lately seemed to be missing, thank goodness.

The Random Thoughts:

Where can I get my own rock dragon???

3.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Sep 19, 2016 |
Christine Feehan does an exception job keeping the Dark Series feeling fresh with the thirtieth book in the series, DARK CAROUSEL. Ancient Carpathian Tariq Asenguard discovers his lifemate Charlotte Vintage and needs to protect her from the vampires that murdered her brother and mentor. This paranormal/urban fantasy is suitable for adult audiences.

Christine Feehan does an exceptional job of keeping the Dark series plot stimulating and strong. I love how she ties together details. DARK CAROUSEL is full of mystery and conspiracy. I’ve always liked carousels, and I love the carousel connection between Charlotte and Tariq. The curse was fascinating and relevant. I thought the history behind carousels interesting. I appreciate when I learn something new while reading.

The characters are very well developed. Despite being old, Tariq is a little more open minded then some of the other Carpathian. I like Charlotte. She has a powerful gift. She goes through a lot of changes in a short amount of time. I love that Tariq and Charlotte wind up with an instant family. They make good parents who are very protective and compassionate. The children all have appealing personalities. They went through awful circumstances. I like the connection Val and Liv have. I love the dragons and why they were created.

Vadim and company make intimidating opponents. I thought it was thought-provoking how Tariq and Vadim’s association transpired. He and his followers are extremely cunning. I am interested in finding out where Christine Feehan takes us with her next story. I am continually impressed by this series.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Jul 30, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,744,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible