I Love You the Purplest by Barbara M. Joosse

I Love You the Purplest

by Barbara M. Joosse

Other authors: Mary Whyte (Illustrator)

In this story, two young brothers and their mama finish supper in the sturdy red cabin and set out to fish for the evening. While digging for worms, rowing the boat and pulling in fish, each brother asks his mama which one is the best at each task. Their mother does simply points our good things for each of them, rather than picking which is better. Then later, as they are being tucked into bed, they ask her which one she loves the best. She explains that she loves on the bluest to him, and all the reasons why. And when the other asks, she says she loves him reddest, and all the reasons why. ( )
  Jordyn.DeGuiseppi | Feb 24, 2019 |
This book is about two young boys and their mother. As the boys and their mother are going about their day the boys continuously ask which brother is better at different tasks they are completing. As the boys are going to bed they ask their mom which brother she likes better and which one she loves the most. Of course the mom could not answer that question. I liked and enjoyed this book very much. One of the main reasons I enjoyed this book so much is because it reminded me of my sisters and I. When we were kids my sisters and I would constantly ask my mom and dad who their favorite child was. My mom and dad would make comments like "I don't have a favorite, I love you all equally." Or they would make jokes and say "it just depends on the day." Therefore, this book reminded me of that and made me feel nostalgic and happy. ( )
  cconsolian | Dec 1, 2018 |
Two boys wonder which one mother loves best. She uses color and description to explain how she loves one the redest and one the bluest.
  RachaelBunch | Apr 9, 2018 |
Max and Julian go fishing with their mom. The book highlights the wonderful differences in the boys personalities. As mom tucks them in for bed, she explains how she loves them each in their own unique way.
  MelissaKetron | Feb 15, 2018 |
Melissa used this book for visualization- in this context I would use this for 1st-3rd grade. In a normal reading context I would use this for K-2.
This book is about a mother and 2 sons, they go out fishing in the evening and have a wonderful adventure, towards the end of the story when tucking them into bed she says that she loves one the bluest and describes wonderful blue things in life and she says that she loves one the redist and describes wonderful red things in life.
I loved loved loved this book for visualization, I closed my eyes and listened to the whole story. Melissa stopped periodically to explain what "ribbed" meant, and to ask the children to visualize what active worms looked like. I told Melissa that I would venture to read the story a second time before asking children to draw their experiences so that they can get even more specific with their visualization.
Ages: 3-8
Source: Book Share in Classroom ( )
  Jessica5858 | Feb 7, 2018 |

Joosse, Barbara M.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Whyte, MaryIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Early in the evening two young brothers and their mama finish supper in the sturdy red cabin and set out to fish. While digging for worms, rowing the boat and pulling in fish, each brother asks his mama which one is the best at each task and, as they are being tucked into bed, which one she loves the best.
Barbara Joosse's heartwarming text is beautifully complimented by Mary Whyte's engaging watercolor illustrations. Readers will delight in the tender message that every child holds a special place in a parent's heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:48 -0400)

Two boys discover that their mother loves them equally but in different ways.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,394,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible