Our 50 States: A Family Adventure Across…

Our 50 States: A Family Adventure Across America

by Lynne Cheney

This is a picture book that was inspired by a cross country trip that the author took. It is not easy to read and presents to much information on one page. It does provide a good summary of each state. There is however, no clear narrative or writing style. Each interesting fact is scattered throughout the page. This book could influence a lesson about United States geography. The content is limited and not focused. Depth is lacking. I would have this in the classroom but this book would be a leisure read. I do not see a method to incorporate this book into meaningful classroom instruction. ( )
  rupsarkar | Feb 22, 2015 |
This non-fiction, picture book is based on the 50 states in North America. The story is about a family who goes on a roadtrip all over the United States. Each page is dedicated to a state. The book is not a normal book. The pages are just filled with facts and pictures to match each fact. A teacher would not be able to read this book to her students. ( )
  jpons | Nov 9, 2014 |

"As I've traveled our great country, I have been struck again and again by its beauty and variety and reminded of how rich our history is. Travel a few miles in any direction, and you'll encounter an amazing story that helps explain all the multitude of ways our country came to be." -- Lynne Cheney

Lynne Cheney and Robin Preiss Glasser, creators of the bestselling America: A Patriotic Primer and A is for Abigail: An Almanac of Amazing American Women, take you on an unforgettable tour of America -- from the Everglades of Florida to the grasslands of Kentucky to the Sierra Mountains of California.

Listening to her grandchildren's enthusiastic account of all they saw and did on a family road trip inspired Lynne Cheney to collaborate with Robin Preiss Glasser and create Our 50 States -- the greatest family vacation imaginable. Pack your bags and celebrate our diverse heritage state by state and sea to shining sea in this treasure trove of America's people, places, and history.

A scholar of American history, Mrs. Cheney has drawn on a lifetime of study and travel for Our 50 States. Robin Preiss Glasser has brought her inimitable wit and exuberance to every illustration. Together they have created a joyful book that reminds us how fortunate we are to call America our home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:59 -0400)

"Each of the fifty states is represented by important people, ideas, and events in the history of the United States"--Provided by publisher.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,433,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible