Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls…

Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and… (2016)

by Lauren Graham

You can hear her speaking...I would love to hear her narrate this book! So much fun reading the back stories of her upbringing, rise to success (and her many blunders), and of course, Gilmore Girls. Read it in 3 hours! ( )
  SusanGeiss | Mar 24, 2019 |
I listened to the audiobook version of this one and I think it added to the enjoyment. This is a memoir of sorts, written after the Gilmore Girls revival. I love Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham and I really liked this book. It’s short, I think less than 5 hours total, and if you’re a GG fan you’ll probably enjoy it. 4/5 stars ⭐️ ( )
  justjoshinreads | Mar 22, 2019 |
I cannot be objective about this. I could listen to Lauren Graham talk to me for days. ( )
  eraderneely | Feb 14, 2019 |
It was good for being the first book she's written. A little rough. I hope she continues to write. ( )
  LisaKramer96 | Feb 4, 2019 |
Super fun, especially since I love Parenthood and Gilmore Girls. Graham has a very easy, conversational way of writing, which can get grating normally but works here since the book is a slim 200 pages. I found the parts that of the book about her writing process for her novel(s) very interesting and actually kind of helpful; it's good advice that I'm going to try in the future. ( )
  Katie_Roscher | Jan 18, 2019 |

Graham, LaurenAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Graham, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for my mom and dad
Some of the most exciting things that happened in my life took place before I turned six years old.

In her first work of nonfiction, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls—the first and second time—and shares stories about life, love, and working in Hollywood. This collection of essays is written in the intimate, hilarious, and down-to earth voice that made her novel, Someday Someday Maybe, a New York Times bestseller.

“This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. You probably think I’m talking about my incredible achievement as Dolly in Hello, Dolly! as a Langley High School junior, a performance my dad called “you’re so much taller than the other kids.” But no! I’m talking about Lorelai Gilmore, who, back in 2008, I wasn’t sure I’d ever see again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick.”—Lauren Graham

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:35:57 -0400)

"This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing-up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling work years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick. -- Lauren Graham" --… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Lauren Graham's book Talking As Fast As I Can is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,512,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible