Local Flavors: Cooking and Eating from America's Farmers Markets (2002)

by Deborah Madison

Cooking & Food. Nonfiction. HTML:First published in hardcover in 2002, Local Flavors was a book ahead of its time. Now, imported food scares and a countrywide infatuation with fresh, local, organic produce has caught up with this groundbreaking cookbook, available for the first time in paperback.

Deborah Madison celebrates the glories of the farmers‚?? markets of America in a richly illustrated collection of seasonal recipes for a profusion of produce grown coast to coast. As more and more people shun industrially produced foods and instead choose to go local and organic, this is the ideal cookbook to capitalize on a major and growing trend.

Local Flavors emphasizes seasonal, regional ingredients found in farmers‚?? markets and roadside farm stands and awakens the reader to the real joy of making a direct connection with the food we eat and the person who grows it. Deborah Madison‚??s 350 full-flavored recipes and accompanying menus include dishes as diverse as P
… (more)

Really liked this - may have to go on my wish list (I don't buy many cookbooks) or I'll be it's most devoted fan at the library.....
Good ideas if you're into seasonal fare. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
This actually would be handy to have around during market season. In Ohio that doesn't last all year so this book actually irritated me since I couldn't get my hands on most ingredients to make any of these drooly-looking recipes. I did however make an herbal tea and I have an herbal sugar sitting in wait, so thank you Deborah Madison. I'll have to check you out again soon. ( )
  E.J | Apr 3, 2013 |
A fun companion for farmer's market day. ( )
  BrianDewey | Aug 7, 2007 |
Pasta with Radicchio, White Beans, and Rosemary, p. 25, for grown-up tastes, too bitter for teenagers.
  DromJohn | Mar 28, 2009 |
For Michael and Dianne, for quitting your day jobs to grow food, gorgeous flowers, and great girls. And in memory of Marion Rullo, a good farmer and fine cheesemaker.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,125,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible