dismiss

The Kybalion: A Study of The Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and… (1912)

by Three Initiates

For generations, readers have debated the origins and studied the knowledge of this mysterious exploration of Hermetic wisdom, attributed to "Three Initiates." Now in its second century, The Kybalionis restored to hardcover in a beautiful vegan-leather casing with gold stamping, acid-free paper, black-foil page edges, and a red ribbon place marker. This commemorative volume evokes the appearance of the occult landmark's first edition. The new introduction by Richard Smoley, a celebrated scholar of mystical traditions, makes this a historical keepsake.… (more)

English (7)  Spanish (1)  All languages (8)
Really high-level intro to the Seven Hermetic Principles. I'll definitely need to spend some more time with this. It was interesting noting the direct tie-in to coaching; you get what you look for. Or more correctly, you create by using mental energy. ( )
  pmtracy | Dec 17, 2019 |
Written by the mysterious "Three Initiates", the Kybalion discuses "secret knowledge" throughout the book. It attempts to offer a glimpse into the universal mind of consciousness. It's a recommended book if you are a deep spiritual seeker. ( )
  C_Hawke | Jan 13, 2019 |
Interesting dissection of the teachings and wisdom of Hermes. Everything is laid out in a very accessible way, even though these topics touch on topics as complex and particle physics and as esoteric as existence as nothing but a dream in the mind of God. I will definitely need to revisit this work at some point, to find deeper understanding of the concepts of hermetic wisdom. ( )
  michaeladams1979 | Oct 11, 2018 |
I understand the concept of this book, and it is true that most of philosophy and religion is based on this philosophy, but to attempt to say at the outset that all religion is based on alchemy is a little absurd. The 7 Principles are generally accepted. I understand that. But all I could envision in attempting to recreate what they were trying to teach is Mickey Mouse in a wizard's costume. I was rewriting the Principles in my head in a more logical way to the point that - at times - I was very willing to throw out the "studies" and replace them with something more understandable and less "magical/mystical" than the author seemed to be pushing. Just as with some of my religious views, there are some I accept at face value and others I do not. The same would be said about this book. This book gets 2 stars for the fact it is grammatically and structurally sound. Other than that, I couldn't reasonably follow its train of thought. ( )
  mreed61 | Aug 10, 2014 |
I find the basic principles valid. The philosophy and detailed ideas are 100 years old and subject to the principle of rhythm. I wonder what our wise writings will sound like in 100 years. ( )
  jefware | Jan 14, 2012 |
To Hermes Trismegistus known by the Ancient Egyptians as "The Great Great" and "Master of Masters" this little volume of hermetic teachings is reverently dedicated.
We take great pleasure in presenting to the attention of students and investigators of the Secret Doctrines this little work based upon the world-old Hermetic Teachings.

An unabridged edition of the 1908 printing: A Study of The Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece
The Kybalion is a concise work on The Hermetic Philosophy outlining seven universal principles - Mentalism, Correspondence, Vibration, Polarity, Rhythm, Cause and Effect, and Gender. Rather than the actual Kybalion, this is purportedly an exegesis on that text. The Kybalion: Hermetic Philosophy is a book claiming to be the essence of the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, published anonymously by a group or person under the pseudonym of "the Three Initiates".

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,065,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible