dismiss

Thunder on the Plains

by Rosanne Bittner

Determined to help her father realize his dream of building a transcontinental railroad, Sunny Landers accompanies Bo Landers on a wagon train west and meets Colt Travis, a half-Cherokee raised by whites.

DNF. I could not get into the world or even the characters in this story. Plus, it didn't help that I was not a fan of Sunny at all. =0/ Sorry!
  fromjesstoyou | Oct 18, 2017 |
By now I know what awaits me when I start one of Rosanne Bittner’s books, endless hours of pure, unadulterated pleasure. I’m actually looking forward to exiting the world of Regency and entering the world of her western romance!

This is another of her amazing stories that spans years in the lives of our hero and heroine, and once more I had no choice but to fall in love with the world and the characters Ms. Bittner painstakingly created for me to enjoy.

As every book I’ve read so far from this author, I found them all well written, meticulously researched and an enormous pleasure to read. The plotting is exceptionally good, the pace solid and action filled, while the scenery she paints for me is breathtaking.

For all you bookworms who love western romance, this is no brainer. You will fall in love with this story from page one.

But to all of my bookworms that are sceptics when it comes to western romance, I will say BAH HUMBUG! Please don’t let the genre stop you from entering the world that this book will introduce you to. You will be richer for it. I promise.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
Entertaining book that covers several years of two lives expertly.
Bittner has a way to bring the wild west right into your lap, you smell the trains and see the mountains...
This is the first HF I have read featuring the expanse of the UP railroad. Sunny, our heroine, is the first big lady of big business but she is still the innocent girl who has a tender heart and deep love for someone who is 'out of her class' as she matures she finds out that although she was a success in business she was not in her personal life, bending too easy to the whims of others and abandoning her true love.
A very well told story, not my favortite in the pile of Bittner's books I have read, but very good. ( )
  Strawberryga | Dec 28, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,959,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible