Blade of the Immortal, Book 01: Blood of a…

Blade of the Immortal, Book 01: Blood of a Thousand

by Hiroaki Samura

English (6)  French (1)  All languages (7)
  MarijaSabljic | Jun 28, 2016 |
Of all the graphic novels I have read this year, this might be my least favorite. I'd probably like this if I could watch it; but it's painful to read it. ( )
  lesmel | Sep 18, 2014 |
Meh. Interesting story, but the main character is not that liable. The translation to slang and immoral swearing does not fit the setting very well. ( )
  yeremenko | Apr 25, 2014 |
Ok so... I've recently become addicted to Manga. I've never read any before, and just grabbed a few off the shelves at the 'berry. Blade of the Immortal is fast becoming one of my favorites after sampling quite a few. The main character is an anit-hero with a heart, and aren't I always a sucker for one of those? (Please reference my obsession with Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries if you have any questions.) Manji has been cursed with immoratality so he may repay for the evil things he's done.. kind of like Angel (the vamp from Buffy) with a whole lot more weapons hidden in his Gi. He's paired up with a tough-girl who has vowed to avenge the deaths of her parents, and is pretty cute to boot. I've already swooped the next 5 books in this (still running) series... can't wait to see what happens next! :D ( )
  lovejoy_rat | Feb 4, 2011 |
Manji is immortal. This quality has presented fine opportunities with which to train his vast weaponry arsenal, not to mention the regeneration of body parts when necessary. When he meets a Rin, young girl bent on the revenge of her raped and slain family, he allows himself to be hired as her bodyguard in her quest to kill the leader of this vicious band of renegade, lawless non-samurai. An epic tale that takes many twists and turns as we follow these characters through deep friendships and enemyships alike. Action and unprecedented suspense fill this series, and particularly the final installments, as the government captures Manji and attempts to create an army of immortals based on the experiementation of his body. ( )
  chantienyee | Jun 12, 2010 |

To end his eternal suffering, he must slay one thousand enemies! Manji, a ronin warrior of feudal Japan, has been cursed with immortality. To rid himself of this curse and end his life of misery, he must slay one thousand evil men! His quest begins when a young girl seeks his help in taking revenge on her parents' killers...and his quest won't end until the blood of a thousand has been spilled!--Amazon.com… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,569,656 books! | Top bar: Always visible