Silver Silence

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling Trinity (1), Psy-Changeling (16)

"New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh returns to her extraordinary Psy-Changeling world with a story of wild passion and darkest betrayal... Control. Precision. Family. These are the principles that drive Silver Mercant. At a time when the fledgling Trinity Accord seeks to unite a divided world, with Silver playing a crucial role as director of a worldwide emergency response network, wildness and chaos are the last things she needs in her life. But that's exactly what Valentin Nikolaev, alpha of the StoneWater bears, brings with him. Valentin has never met a more fascinating woman. Though Silver is ruled by Silence--her mind clear of all emotion--Valentin senses a whisper of fire around her. That's what keeps him climbing apartment buildings to be near her. But when a shadow assassin almost succeeds in poisoning Silver, the stakes become deadly serious"--… (more)

Nalini Singh is an author I have enjoyed reading for years. I am amazed that her psy-changeling series has continued to be excellent even though she's been writing it for so long. It has not become at all stale or boring. In fact, I think the newer books in this series are even better than the earlier ones. Silver's story is definitely one of my favorites. I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |

(SPOLIER FREE)

Remarkable. Unforgettable. Emotional.

Before you even get started. Have a box of tissues by your side. Yes, you will cry for so many reasons.

Silver Silence was an emotional and unforgettable read. So many things are at play. We get old favorites, new enemies, and several new arrivals to fall in love with.

I had goosebumps just from the first page. “Welcome to the Age of Trinity”

The Bears. They where wonderful, adorable, and sweet. I loved visiting a whole new set of changelings and their pack. Valentine, I loved him. I went through a number of emotions when it came to Valentine and the challenges he had to go through to win Silver. He was just so wonderful with Silver and he never gave up. Silver, I loved her. She was amazing. It was wonderful to visit a different Psy family and see that they are just as tight-knit as any changeling pack. This line from the book best describes Silver and well all the Mercant’s: “To be a Mercant is to be a shadow that moves with will, with intelligence, with purified precision.”

Silver Silence is all about change and a new direction for Humans, Changelings, and Psy. The book is divided up into two parts. This helps show the changes that accrue and will accrue at these points. Many unexpected things happen. Somewhere a punch to the gut, while others had me overjoyed.

This was an extraordinary start to the new Pay-Changeling Trinity series. Once you start, you won’t want to stop. I LOVED it!

Rated: 4.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
This book is a great starting point for the new reader. The setting is new to the returning reader and deals with the bears of Moscow and minor character from the ongoing series. Silver has been poisoned and the only people with access to have done it looks like family. To keep her alive and maintain the charade that everything is fine it is passed off as building bridges with the new alliance. Tthis doesn’t always go to plan and there are attacks in Moscow from the new set of villains hoping to destroy the Psy and anything like an alliance between the three races.

There are some new people brought into the story and I’m sure we will see more of them and I really hope we see more of both Silver’s grandmother and brother.

Digital review copy provided by the publisher through NetGalley
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jan 6, 2020 |
“She cleared her mind of all other thoughts, her attention only on the wild, beautiful man who called her his sunshine and who saw starlight in her eyes.”

Because… Bears. Ohhh, I loved this one! I completely devoured this beast of a book in less than a week (which is good for me right now with everything else going on). Now, I've heard this is a series within a series, so I'm not entirely sure how it ties into everything else. However, Silver Silence easily stood on its own, and I never had trouble following the story.

This is the first book I've ever read about changeling bears, but they are the best. I enjoyed their way of life and how the clan was like one giant family. Everyone looks out for their neighbor, and they all help with raising the children. The cubs knew they were loved by everyone and wouldn't hesitate to barrel into an unsuspecting adult. Bears are quite resilient, and their personalities were infectious! Also, can I be a changeling bear? If so, I want to be a StoneWater bear! Valentin can be my alpha any day.

I've never thought about what it would be like to live without emotion, but now I can definitively say that it's not something I would ever want to do. Yes, it would allow you to avoid heartache and be more efficient as an individual, but people need human contact and feelings. It's a defining characteristic of who we are that often gets overlooked. I want to feel the overwhelming love and joy that I have for my children. I want to hear them laugh, see them smile, and have them know without a doubt how much they are adored by their parents.

Silver Silence was a truly amazing read that I stumbled across on accident (I have a review copy of the next book, Ocean Light). It has been one of the best parts of my day all week (the hour or so I have to myself once the kids are asleep), and I look forward to revisiting this beautiful and complicated world that Nalili Singh has created.

Originally posted at Do You Dog-ear? on July 9, 2018.
  doyoudogear | Oct 11, 2019 |
I started reading the Psy-Changling saga with this book, not knowing it was the first book in the second wave of this series. I was fascinated and in love. I went back afterwards and started with proper Book 1, then decided to reread Silver Silence when I came to it in the intended order - and adored it even more! It's beautiful, it's raw, it's real, it's hot, it's fun, and it's utterly satisfying. ( )
  Musscle | Sep 30, 2019 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, Angelasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,066,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible