The Lying Game

by Ruth Ware

1,519808,802 (3.42)31
On a cool June morning, Isa Wilde, a resident of the seemingly idyllic coastal village of Salten, is walking her dog along a tidal estuary. Before she can stop him, Isa's dog charges into the water to retrieve what first appears to be a wayward stick, but to her horror, she discovers it's not a stick at all but a human bone. As her three best friends from childhood converge in Salten to comfort a seriously shaken-up Isa, terrifying discoveries are made, and their collective history slowly unravels.… (more)

English (79)  Dutch (1)  All languages (80)
3.5-4 stars. Not as great as her other books, but but not awful. I found it to be a bit too cliche. Too easy to guess the ending. Overall, good storyline and decent characters for the most part. ( )
  purple_pisces22 | Mar 14, 2021 |
On a cool June morning, a woman is walking her dog in the idyllic coastal village of Salten along a tidal estuary known as the Reach. Before she can stop him, the dog charges into the water to retrieve what first appears to be a wayward stick, but to her horror, turns out to be something much more sinister...

The next morning, three women in and around London—Fatima, Thea, and Isabel—receive the text they had always hoped would NEVER come, from the fourth in their formerly inseparable clique, Kate, that says only, “I need you.”

The four girls were best friends at Salten, a second rate boarding school set near the cliffs of the English Channel.
  CarolBurrows | Mar 9, 2021 |
Just an okay book, not what I was hoping for. The plot dragged on and I could not relate to any of the characters, Isa in particular. ( )
  porte01 | Jan 25, 2021 |
This is a case of disliking the decisions and character of Isa. I couldn't take it. I did finish but grudgingly. ( )
  FurbyKirby | Jan 5, 2021 |
This is my first Ruth Ware read and I was expecting more. This book is very "Pretty Little Liars" only much less exciting. I suppose it's worth a read, but I wouldn't need to own it. ( )
  Cr8on6 | Dec 27, 2020 |

Ruth Wareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kuusisto, TerhiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor de lieve He, met (zeventig?) ladingen liefde
De Reach is die ochtend breed en rustig.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,951,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible