Dorothy Day: The World Will Be Saved by…

Dorothy Day: The World Will Be Saved by Beauty: An Intimate Portrait of My… (2017)

by Kate Hennessy

A mix of biography and memoir, this book about Dorothy Day is as much about the Catholic Worker and Tamar Hennessey, Day's daughter and the author's mother. The latter chapters of the book are more personal, more a memoir as the author's memories come into play. There are many lessons in this book, but the overriding lesson is that we must love faithfully, consistently, patiently and with open, vulnerable hearts. ( )
  nmele | May 11, 2017 |
In memoriam
Tamar Teresa Battrrham Hennessy
There is no time with God, my Granny said, and so I set out to find Tamar and her parents when they were still together, and where do I find them but on the beach.

"Dorothy Day (1897-1980) was a prominent Catholic, writer, social activist, and co-founder of a movement dedicated to serving the poorest of the poor. Her life has been revealed through her own writings as well as the work of historians, theologians, and academics. What has been missing until now is a more personal account from the point of view of someone who knew her well. Dorothy Day: The World Will Be Saved by Beauty is a frank and reflective, heartfelt and humorous portrayal as written by her granddaughter, Kate Hennessy" -- Publisher's website.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,845,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible