The Ice Princess (2002)

by Camilla Läckberg

Returning to her hometown after the funeral of her parents, writer Erica Falck finds a community on the brink of tragedy. The death of her childhood friend, Alex, is just the beginning. Her wrists slashed, her body frozen in an ice cold bath, it seems that she has taken her own life. Erica conceives a memoir about the beautiful but remote Alex, one that will answer questions about their lost friendship. While her interest grows to an obsession, local detective Patrik Hedstrom is following his own suspicions about the case. But it is only when they start working together that the truth begins to emerge about the small town with a deeply disturbing past.… (more)

English (117)  Spanish (13)  Dutch (9)  Italian (5)  French (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Norwegian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (156)
Þetta er fyrsta bókin í krimmaseríu sem gerist í smábænum Fjällbacka í Svíþjóð. Camilla Läckberg hefur skrifað nokkrar bækur og þó nokkrar þeirra eru komnar út á íslensku. Söguþráðurinn er nokkuð fyrirsjáanlegur og margir lausir þræðir skildir eftir ófrágengnir í lokin en þeir tengjast helst aðalsögupersónunum og er mögulega ætlað að vera límið á milli bóka. Raunsæjar persónulýsingar og pælingar á köflum tengdu mann oft vel við persónurnar og ástarsamband söguhetjanna var heillandi en ítarlegum lýsingum var ofaukið á köflum í jaðarpersónum. Og að lokum verð ég að viðurkenna að þegar aðalspæjararnir fá snilldarhugmyndir eða lesa/sjá úrslita atriði sem leysir erfitt morðmál en lesandinn fær ekki hlutdeild í uppljómuninni er ekki efst á mínum vinsældarlista - ekki síst þegar að öðru leyti er verið að velta sér upp úr smáatriðalýsingum við önnur tækifæri.
Efins um að ég lesi meira í þessari seríu. ( )
  SkuliSael | Apr 28, 2022 |
An entertaining read, but a little unsatisfying in some respects. It's a decent enough mystery and the small town Swedish setting works well, but the language is a little clumsy at times (maybe the fault of the translator rather than the author) and too many of the cures are obscured (characters discover things which they inexplicably keep to themselves). Readable enough though and I will read more in the series. ( )
  whatmeworry | Apr 9, 2022 |
Tiene todos lo elementos de una buena novela negra. Tiene pocas paginas y eso lo hace mas ameno de leer. ( )
  JoseM29 | Mar 3, 2022 |
I wanted to read Camillia Lackberg's novels in order, and I didn't purchase them in the correct order, so I bought this and read it first although I had others. I read on my iPad or Nook. I could hardly put this book down and read it in two days.

The books begin with a murder and from then the author weaves a complex plot with a resolution that can't be anticipated. There are twists and surprises at the end of each of the four books I've read.

The writing style shows each main character's view point so the writing isn't first or third person, it is everyone's point of view. I like this style of writing. ( )
  WiseOwlFactory | Feb 20, 2022 |
A popular writer is murdered in the opening pages. The rest of the book is left to a detective and a former friend of the murdered woman to unravel the secrets of this small town in Sweden. ( )
  addunn3 | Jan 8, 2022 |
For Wille
The house was desolate and empty.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,084,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible